Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

We bathe our 5-yr old daughter and 2-yr old son together. My mom keeps telling me

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 99 Replies

I need to stop doing it.  My boy loves lying on sis' belly and caresses it with his face.  They are cute in the bath tube together.  Should I stop doing it?

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
valrubio
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I think they are fine. I have my 10 year old or 9 year old get in the tub to help bath my almost 2 year old. We have never had a problem. I'm there with them.
JingD
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Are they of different gender and totally nake too?  My son loves to touch smooth skin.  He holds his sis from the back when she changes and puts his head on her back.  I hope he is okay.

Quoting valrubio: I think they are fine. I have my 10 year old or 9 year old get in the tub to help bathmy almost 2 year old. We have never had a problem. I'm there with them.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I see nothing wrong with it. Just tell them no touching each others private parts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ultra_
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I bathed my kids together for a while. Its just easier. I don't now because my girls shower themselves. Woo hoo!
rwcw89
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:35 PM
As long as u teach personal boundaries (she don't touch him he do t touch her area) it's fine In my opinion plus makes for a quicker bath time
valrubio
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Yeah, my almost 2year old is a boy and the older ones are girls. He is way too young for it to be a problem. You shouldn't worry even a little about it.

Quoting JingD:  Are they of different gender and totally nake too?  My son loves to touch smooth skin.  He holds his sis from the back when she changes and puts his head on her back.  I hope he is okay.
Quoting valrubio: I think they are fine. I have my 10 year old or 9 year old get in the tub to help bathmy almost 2 year old. We have never had a problem. I'm there with them.

babie113
by Jenny on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this
me and my brother baithed together till we were about 8/9 I see nothing wrong with it
acrogodess
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM
So long as private parts aren't being touched, I see no issues. Mine bathed together until they were 4&6, dd being the youngest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JingD
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I have.  My daugher somtimes sings "I love your weewee" to my son.  They just giggle and have a good laugh.

Quoting Jenn8604: I see nothing wrong with it. Just tell them no touching each others private parts.

JingD
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

It is much easier to bathe two at once. 

Quoting Ultra_: I bathed my kids together for a while. Its just easier. I don't know because my girls shower themselves. Woo hoo!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN