Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What do you use for dry hands?

Posted by   + Show Post

What dish detergent? Bath soap? Hand lotion or cream?  My hands are so dry and my fingertips are cracking. I use a hand cream with glycerin, but it isn't working as well as I think it should. Any suggestions?

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

The treatments are so nice and relaxing. It's been along time since I have had one. At one point I had a machine at home. Got it at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Quoting Bmat:

ooooo, I like! Thank you for the information!  I sprained my hand a year ago and it still hurts, it sounds as though the treatment would help this also.

Quoting ceciliam:

Quoting Bmat:

Thank you.  I'll see if the treatments are offered in this area. Do they make the hands less dry?

Quoting ceciliam:

Try coconut oil or get some parafin treatments.

Definitely!

The Benefits of a Paraffin Treatment

As the cooler weather sets in, we’re starting to enjoy gorgeous colors, warm cider, and fun hayrides for the family. Unfortunately, lower temperatures and dry air also mean stiff joints and dry skin.

What better time to get a paraffin treatment?

Contrary to what some may think, paraffin wax treatments are not just for prettifying hands and feet. They also offer many health benefits.

Heat therapy

The wax used in paraffin treatments is a soft type which melts without burning the skin. When the melted wax is applied to the hands and feet, the gentle and even heat increases blood flow and relaxes the muscles. The result is relief from joint stiffness and pain, as well as increased range of motion. This is an effective therapy if you suffer from ailments like arthritis or tendonitis, or if you’ve overworked your hands, leading to soreness and fatigue.

Skin softening and rejuvenation

During the colder months, our skin is prone to drying out and cracking as a result. The most severe conditions end up in chronic swelling and infections. Paraffin treatments can help prevent this by softening the skin and removing dead cells. This eventually increases skin elasticity and facilitates movement in the affected hand.

In addition, the soaking step and oils used during treatment open up the pores and allows moisturizers to work their magic. You’ll leave with soft, touchable and more comfortable skin, even in problem spots like heels and knuckles.

Relaxation

Another, often overlooked, benefit of a paraffin treatment is aromatherapy. Essential oils may be used during a session, adding to the overall relaxing experience. Make sure you ask for available options when you book your appointment.

A paraffin treatment is one of the most affordable ways to treat yourself, as well as help your hands and feet stay healthy this winter. Check out my massage services or contact me today to find out how I can help.

This entry was posted in Massage Service and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

caustinb
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:54 PM

This.
JALang6
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Shea butter

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Vaseline.
Put it on with gloves over top at night. It works the best.
Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Thank you!

Quoting caustinb:

This.

alaskadreams
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:26 PM

my family uses CeraVe Cream.  I get it at WalMart in the facial skin section.  It's not with the lotions.  It is super thick and even if you wash your hands it stays on.  It is amazing.  MY DH has Ichthyosis and it even makes his skin normal and NOTHING worked on his skin

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I got this on the advice of my dermatologist. I've only been using it at night though, maybe I should use it more during the day.

Quoting alaskadreams:

my family uses CeraVe Cream.  I get it at WalMart in the facial skin section.  It's not with the lotions.  It is super thick and even if you wash your hands it stays on.  It is amazing.  MY DH has Ichthyosis and it even makes his skin normal and NOTHING worked on his skin

momo3fgr8tteens
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I use the foot relief cream by Aveda. I use it on both my hands and feet. I use Caress liquid bath soap. I have very dry skin and they both really help. 

crazy4chapstick
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

aveeno lotion works so great!

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Holy cow such a span of suggestions!

I imagibe any of them
At night with gloves is a great idea. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)