Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How do I thank someone I don't even know??? UPDATE

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM
  • 22 Replies

I've only been dating this guy for a month (we have been talking for a total of 4 months). He went home for Christmas (home being Philly & we live in Ohio). He called me today on his way home & told me his mother got me a Christmas present! I haven't even met her yet! He tells me he talks about me all the time & she clearly thinks we are a good fit but she really didn't have to get me anything.

So now I need to know how I can thank her (haven't even opened the gift yet)? I was thinking a simple card & having him mail it to her for me. But other than that I have no idea how to thank her!

UPDATE: Thank you ladies for all the advice... I already knew I was going to send a thank you card... just wasn't sure if there was something else I should send. But now that I have the gift I thought you all might want to see? LOL I absolutely love it because it goes great in my living room (I have a red, white, & blue theme). I have it on a shelf with other precious things (things that I was allowed to take from my grandmother's home when she passed). This way my little stinker (4yo DS) can't get to it!

by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JALang6
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:34 PM
3 moms liked this

You open the gift and then write a thank you card and ask him for her address. 

Brittanyk3
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
yep! what jalang6 said!
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:09 AM

You open it and then write a thank you note.  It does not have to be a long one.  Just a thank you for this gift will be good.  Have the guy give you her address so you can send it.

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:37 AM
I agree with the others
DomsMama07
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:39 AM
Agreed. A simple thank you card.
Koam
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:27 AM
That was very nice of her. Write a thank you card and mail it
katiebug840204
by Katie on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:42 AM
I would send a card too.
1frog
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Get the address from your bf and write your own thank you card after you've opened it. You don't have to say a lot, just be nice. Write it, address it, and mail it yourself, so it's all in your writing. Don't ask bf to do it.--If he's like dh it will never make the mail.

AbbyWalsh
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I say, under the circumstances, not just "thank you for the gift", but also a "thank you for thinking of me" type sentence is in order.  It's your chance to make a good first impression :)

LadyMarissa
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Mothers love those who make their children happy & you obviously make him happy!!!  You might start by praising her generosity to him as he will mention your praise to her.  OR you might ask him for her phone number & give her a call to thank her for her unexpected gift.  Just don't say "you didn't have to do that".  She know she didn't "have" to...she did it because she "wanted" to!!!  So, keep it to a heartfelt "thank you".  OR write her a heartfelt note in a Thank You card & mail it to her.  Personally, I think the phone call would be the most personal & it would give the 2 of you a chance to bond a little!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)