Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

if the grandparents took your child to the movies..... would you expect them to pay?

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:06 PM
  • 84 Replies
1 mom liked this

My dad and step mom asked my 8 year old and my 4 yr old niece to spend the night and go to the movies and my sister sent money for them so I did to. I sent a $20 and they didnt give me any money back! They took my step sisters 11 year old (which she lives with them because the mother is a piece of crap) and of course paid for hers. I dont mind paying but my brother in law got mad that my sister sent money. He said that if you ask someone to go to the movies, then you should pay! Whats your thoughts?????

by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
If you ask you should pay
RitaTequila531
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this
If they offered, it should be their treat but because she's my child, I'd put forth the offer to give money for her ticket and snacks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  If they are invited, then they pay not us.  That is how i was raised as well.  However when i spents summers with g-grandparents, mom would send money to help pay for necessities and any clothing i may need during summer. 

Going to movies is so expensive now.  I could see 20 dollars being spent on one child between admission and any snacks they wanted.

rgba
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Depends on their income. I would at least offer to pay, since you are getting a night without kids...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:11 PM

My MIL pays for everything she takes the kids to. and would never expect us to give money for something she invited them to.

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:13 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't have even thought about sending money. They ask, they pay.
TatyBear
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Although mine do pay. I hide money in my moms purse. They are well off compared to me, but they are also my children and responsibility.

Jmo....parents should pay.
Jenniy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

If you invite someone typically you pay for them. 

1taximomhere
by New Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends on their situation. They should pay for the movie ticket because they invited the kids. I would probably send my child with a few dollars to pick himself out a treat once inside.
LoveMyBoyK
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM
2 moms liked this
I am with the "they ask, they pay" crowd here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)