Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sippy Cup?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM
  • 20 Replies

How long should toddlers Be on sippy cups. My daughter turned 2 in September, So I be worried. She can kind of drink out of a normal cup

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
venessaw04
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Mine were all done with sippys by 18 mts.  I will either pour a lil in a waterbottle or a reg cup.  My daughter will be 2 in march. 

AbbyWalsh
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM

What are you worried about?  If she can use a regular cup, just give her a regular cup.  I never gave mine sippy cups at all.

MommyT642
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM
3 moms liked this

give her a regular cup when you can watch her to make sure she is careful with it. however traveling etc, i still use sip type cups for by 5 yr old. Just use common sense about it. She's small and uncoordinated, she's gonna have accidents. Make sure she knows rules like it must stay in the kitchen if you have carpets. Parental supervision is a must with no lids.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I would go to regular cups at least at the table.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Whenever you and she are ready to transition.  Heck I am in my 30s and there are grown up sippy cups called travel mugs that are spill proof.  Why are you worried or what are you worried about?  There are sippy cups that look like travel mugs/cups or straw sippy cups if you are leery about no lids.

ProudMommaBear
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Dds doctor said 18 mo. She's going to have to learn at some point.
polkaspots
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:31 PM
We do straw cups until one and then regular cups unless we're out of the house. We still use the straw cups with my four year old when we're out of the house sometimes, but usually we just bring water bottles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I just follow their lead. First child ended at 2 years.  Second child is 13 months and nurses still and takes a straw sippy cup.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Pnukey
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I don't think it matters. Sippy cups make for less mess with spills, so keep them until she's totally comfortable on a regular cup.

I know a woman who made her 9 and 10 year olds use a sippy cup to drink anything in a room other than tge kitchen. 

andersongirl562
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM

We built our house three years ago so our youngest had a sippy cup until age 5 cause I didnt want any stains. However that was only at home. We dont believe in kids having sippy cups or bottles in the car or out in public past the age of one. I cant stand it when a kid cant go anywhere without needing a dring.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)