Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

questions from a first time mom

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:18 AM
  • 19 Replies

teething :: what are some ways to help soothe my little boy with teething.

diapers :: i was wondering what the biggest size diaper is...because even though my little boy wont be 5 months until january 13....he is already in a size 4 diaper. so im beginning to think what my options will be as he grows. lol.

any help/advice will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Freeze washclothes with water on them.

Size 4 is for babies 22 to to 37lbs. Is your 5 month old already 22lbs?? Mine were not 20lbs till 1 year and my other one 2 years. Size 6 is for 35lbs and up. I have no idea if you have a 40lb kid still in diapers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Your baby is 22 lbs already at 4.5 months old? 

Princess111201
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:38 AM

well, im not 100% sure what he weighs currently...all i know is when we took him for his 4 month shots at the beginning of the month he was 17 pounds 12 ounces. i really wasnt expecting such a growth with him just because right after i brought him home from the hospital he got jaundice within 24 hours and lost about a third of his weight and it took FOREVER for him to catch back up. he actually is starting to level out though weight and length wise. however,  if you look at him, he doesnt even look like hed be that big, he just looks real chunky. the weight number throws people off actually.

tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:45 AM
My son was 20 lbs at 3 months old. By 18 months he slimmed down.

Quoting waytomanykids10:

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:53 AM

All my kids were born at 9lbs or above and none of them reached 20lbs until they were at least10 months old. Only babies I have ever seen under 6 months and that weigh 20lbs were fat. 

Quoting tyfry7496: My son was 20 lbs at 3 months old. By 18 months he slimmed down.

Quoting waytomanykids10:

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Teething: an Amber teething necklace.
Diapers: I'm not sure my kids never wore bigger than size 3-4s
sarahfaith123
by Sarah on Dec. 31, 2013 at 3:58 AM
I always used a larger size and put it higher up in back. If your pediatrician says baby is healthy I wouldn't worry about matching size of diaper to weight or whether weight fluctuates. I always thought a chunky baby is good. Teething: ice chips within wet washcloth fastened with rubber band : just keep a close eye on it.
MomtoAlexis05
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:50 AM

for teething, teething rings that you freeze in freezer, they find these fun to play w/ as well, baby ambasol, and any other baby teether medication to rub on gums to temp. numb the pain

diapers go to size 5/6 i think, then they go to pull ups which are rather more expensive . My daughter never got past size 3.

aarensmommy
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this

teething, just a cool washrag or a cool teething ring..

diapers go to 6. both my boys were in a 4 really early like 5-6m and they stayed in them for a long time because once they started moving they thinned out. so even at almost 3yrs they were only in 5's.

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Diapers go up to size 6 and the. You have pullups, adult diapers ect.

By his weight he should still fit in size 3s. My oldest was 20lbs at 4 months but he was also really tall and over 10lbs at birth. My second is 18months and 26lbs. All kids are different.

Teething tablets, teething toys, tylenol. Just let him chew
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)