Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

1st Sleepover~~how old??

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:47 PM
  • 16 Replies

How old would you say you would send your dd off for a sleepover for the 1st time, OR have a sleepover at your house, also what activities would you do at your house if you are to entertain?? Thanks!!

You're Always A Winner When You Do Your Very Best~way to go

by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:49 PM

My son is 7 and yet to have a sleep over at a friends.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:02 PM

My son has only slept at his BFFs house 1 time, BUT, his BFF has slept here about 15...lol.. My son is 7, his BFF is 8. Theyve been BFFs for 2 years now. Their house is small... 

His parents are very active with their 11 year old DD (broadway, the met, etc) their son has NO interest.. So he hangs with us when they have theatre, dance, etc plans. 

We get pizza, play games, video games, eat ice cream, make cookies, watch movies, and bedtime stories. They usually "camp" in our play room. :) 

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:11 PM

My kids went to sleep overs and had them at age 3. Cousins and close friends. They loved them.  Depending on the weather we went sledding or ice skating in winter, Had roller blading, floor hockey, soccer in the basement. They had lego building, movies, scavenger hunts around the house or yard. Make your own pizza, decorate Big sugar cookies, all kinds of things.

starr2be2
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:21 PM
My 6yo and 3.5yo have stayed at my friend's (the kids are all friends too) a handful of times when SO and I have had to work grave. Her kids have stayed with us many times, they are 6 and 7. But that is the only house they stay at besides family. They've stayed at my parents, grandma's, and brother's house many times! They're with my parents for a week 2hrs away right now actually.

As for activities...games, movies, and lots of snacks! Go out and play kickball, basketball, catch, etc. that's what my bros and I did when our friends were over. For my girls tho, when the other 2 stay over they play Barbies and girly things, bake cookies, eat, etc. When they go over to my friends, she does all their hair really cute, bakes with them, and stuff like that. I'm usually a bit busier than she is tho lol so I don't get around to the cute hairstyles. It's ponytails for me lol.
momwriter
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:10 PM

My 5 year old just had one with his cousin but I think it will be a few years before he has one with a friend. I don't remember when my older kids haad theirs, maybe about age 8.

torttia
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I was like 5 or 6 when I had my first one but ds is almost 5 and I am way overprotective. No way I could let him sleepover, I have a 4yo, 19 month old and am pregnant now so I am not into hosting any sleepovers right now lol.
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:32 AM
We hosted our first this year my girls are 5&7. It was my nieces and one friend.

My kids went to those same cousins recently.

We haven't done other friends yet.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Oldest was 4 for non family. Youngest 5.
Family as a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberNewman0213
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:48 AM
I won't let dd stay off to many predators in this world and drugs and such. But her friends will be free to stay here if they wanted.
almburr
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:51 AM
Around 3 with close friends 5 with school friends.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN