Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Right Side Breast Pain

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:02 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hey everyone. I'm about 18 1/2 weeks pregnant and keep getting sharp radiating pain from my nipple down to under my breast on my right side only. I'm not worried about anything serious, as I just had an ultrasound done on this breast a couple of weeks ago for a lump (turned out to be nothing worrysome). I have also noticed that the Montgomery tubercules on both breasts have changed. I have them even when I'm not pregnant, so it's fairly noticeable to me. I know breast changes happen all the time during pregnancy, but I know colostrum can start coming in around this time. Could this be happening because of that?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
funhappymom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:19 AM

It's possible. I would get funky pains during pregnancy. It's just all the hormones and stuff. If it continues for longer than a week or two, I'd probably mention it at your next appt.

jbarker9
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:31 AM
I have had a lump in my left breast for almost 10 years that is not cancerous and never really gave me any trouble, but when i was pregnant, my breast hurt so bad sometimes in the area where the lump is to my ribs. I had my daughter three years ago, and since being pregnant, i experience pain in that area during almost every period now. I think it's just body changes and hormones, but check with doc to be sure next time you go.
afinecupoftea
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:29 AM

I would just attribute the pain to the lump, but it's not in the same place or same type of pain. It seems better today than it was yesterday...just sensitive sometimes. If it persists, I'll mention it-I have an appointment next week anyway. Maybe I'll ask just out of curiosity.

Quoting jbarker9: I have had a lump in my left breast for almost 10 years that is not cancerous and never really gave me any trouble, but when i was pregnant, my breast hurt so bad sometimes in the area where the lump is to my ribs. I had my daughter three years ago, and since being pregnant, i experience pain in that area during almost every period now. I think it's just body changes and hormones, but check with doc to be sure next time you go.

CafeMom Tickers
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:20 PM

It's possible.  In fact, I would say that it's more than likely related to hormonal changes, especially since you've already been checked because of it.

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

Reina13
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Are you still feeling the pain? Honestly is sounds like hormones but if it persists definitely talk to your OB about it. 

afinecupoftea
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:49 PM

I forgot about this post since it's been a few days! Thanks for checking on me-everything seems to be in order. The pain subsided after about two days and hasn't returned :)

Quoting Reina13:

Are you still feeling the pain? Honestly is sounds like hormones but if it persists definitely talk to your OB about it. 

CafeMom Tickers
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:51 PM

My breasts hurt pretty much my whole pregnancy. I would still ask your Dr next time you see him/her. The hormonal changes going on right now is getting your breasts ready to make milk & it's painful :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)