Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just need a vent :/

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:50 AM
  • 3 Replies

so i just need a little venting space right now. well a lot. my boyfriend lost his job recently and now we are relying on welfare to support us. 4 people on 600 a month isnt exactly working but now my mom is starting to make hints about me moving out and applying for some of the low income housing. dont get me wrong i would love to not be living with my mother! but i dont want to be one of those stay at home moms, nothing wrong with that but i'm a very social person and hanging out w a toddler and and infant all day every day is driving me to stupidity (literally losing i.q. points here guys)  i want to get out and have fun, go to school get somew kick ass job working at the zoo like i've always wanted ( or a vet hospital or something ) i dont have the funds for daycare, their dad has more work experience and is more likely to be hired than i am, and i have no idea how to go about applying for all this shit so i can go to school! i even know what school i want to be at! just no way to make it happen. i want to be one of those parents that knows where they want to go in life and how to achieve that. i mean sitting here, typing, right now makes me feel like one of those teen moms who really have no intrest in their kids other than as an accessory.  just ughhh!

LUCIAN AND DIMITRIS MOMMY <3

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AnnaNonamus
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:55 AM

First, get a job in the mean time. You're right, $600 is not enough to support 4 people on, and it isn't meant to be. It's meant to help in the mean time. Apply to anything & everything, and encourage your boyfriend to do the same.

Once you are able to help support your family, look online for application forms for the school- they should also have financial aid papers for you to fill out. Then, look around online for grant applications for single mothers (not being married, you ARE technically a single mother- that's to your benefit).

And I agree with your mom, start looking at housing. It may take some time to be approved, but you'll never be independent while your mother is supporting you and your family. Getting out the door is the first step to gaining your independence.

emmy526
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:29 AM

you should talk to a career counselor to figure out your options...a local community college would be the place to start. 

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)