Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

real estate and community debacle

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:49 AM
  • 5 Replies

Two and half years ago whe my boys were 1 and 3 we bought a house in a neighborhood with good schools. We didn't considered what was near us or what it might be like to be a stay-at-home mom in the area. It is really tough--no young people or young families. I had tons of friends and community in the old neighborhood. Now, I am seriously considering selling and moving but every time I think about the work entailed I feel panicky. But, staying here makes me feel hopeless. Please advise! I really do want to move, Can we possibly?

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Find play groups. Many manage who don't live in neighborhoods at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lelemama221
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:24 AM
But I really want to move?
MiriRose923
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:25 AM

That's tough, I'm sorry.  Something that helps me personally is to write out the pros and cons of such a decision and get it on paper.  Having a visual or a timeline can be helpful.  Prayer helps too!  Just a couple thoughts. 

If you decide not to move, then maybe you could check with the schools in your area and ask about moms/parent's groups they might be aware of.  Hope you are able to come to a decision that best benefits your family.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:07 PM

If you want to move then move. What exactly is stopping you? Make a plan and start the process. Good luck.

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:33 PM

If you feel you should move, then chances are you probably should.

I don't blame you for feeling panicky though, it's a lot of hard work.  But, if, in the end, it makes you happier, chances are it's worth going through the work to get there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)