Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child care help

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:34 PM
  • 3 Replies
Have any of you gone back to school after having a child? Im wanting to start a new career but i would have to quit my job and pay daycare. Does anyone know of any assistance or loans for daycare while in school?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
-PB
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:32 PM

I have been in school for a couple of years (got about 1 year left. yay!).  I would actually check with the school.  I've transferred schools (twice actually) due to my dh getting transferred with work and also going from a 2 year to a 4 year school.  One school offered childcare at a reduced price and the people working at the daycare were actually students who were majoring in early childhood development (win-win for students and parents).  Another school I went to had a contract with the YMCA.  I paid $2 an hour for childcare and my school was connected the YMCA so I was essentially down the hall.  There were no income restrictions for that either.

One more thing...Most 2 year colleges and 4 year universities offer at least 90% their classes online.  Usually the only classes that they make you take in person are like nursing or automotive, something like that.  So if you wanted, you could stay home and go to school.  That's what I do for most of my classes.  I usually only take in-person classes when I am taking a more difficult course.

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:13 PM

How old is your child? I would definitely check your city and/or county resources. Some of them may have grants you could qualify for.

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:58 PM
I worked and went to school so never looked into it. I don't think there are special loans for child care. Some colleges have daycares that are fairly cheap
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)