Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to conceive

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:44 PM
  • 10 Replies
My hubby and I are trying to conceive! He travels a lot for work. We had unprotected sex on day 10 of my cycle. Is four days before ovulation too early to conceive? What our the chances of us being pregnant this time?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Depending upon the conditions sperm can live 4-6 days inside a woman. 

When I was in nursing school, we learned that X chromosome sperm and Y-chromosome sperm have different "life spans" inside a woman, and it depends upon how acidic the environment is. 

Depending upon when you ovulate, it COULD be possible.

Good luck!!

teeloffel
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:23 PM
How do you know what your acidity level is?

Quoting 143myboys9496:

When I was in nursing school, we learned that X chromosome sperm and Y-chromosome sperm have different "life spans" inside a woman, and it depends upon how acidic the environment is. 

Good luck!!

143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:28 PM

I don't know that answer. I've never heard of anyone testing it or that it can be altered. A woman's vagina is more acidic than the sperm and the semen in lives in, it's just one of the many differences between men and women. 

Quoting teeloffel: How do you know what your acidity level is?

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Good luck!!

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Not sure but most take 4 to 6 months to conceive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teeloffel
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:30 PM
I was just wondering if perhaps diet had anything to do with it. Thanks! :)

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I don't know that answer. I've never heard of anyone testing it or that it can be altered. A woman's vagina is more acidic than the sperm and the semen in lives in, it's just one of the many differences between men and women. 

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Good luck!!

143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:40 PM

I wouldn't think so, but then I'm not a pharmacist. I can say, that a woman's reproductive areas and--fluids--tend to be more acidic than a man's. 

Quoting teeloffel: I was just wondering if perhaps diet had anything to do with it. Thanks! :)

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Good luck!!

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Good luck
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM
What does a pharmacist have to do with diet and fertility??

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I wouldn't think so, but then I'm not a pharmacist. I can say, that a woman's reproductive areas and--fluids--tend to be more acidic than a man's. 

Quoting teeloffel: I was just wondering if perhaps diet had anything to do with it. Thanks! :)

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Good luck!!

143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 4:51 AM

OH-I read diet "pills" in there for some reason. Nevermind my reply then...oopsie. 

Quoting stepconfused182: What does a pharmacist have to do with diet and fertility??

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Good luck!!

cuauhtemocsmom
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Not a clue but good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)