Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Have you watched Extreme Cheapskates?

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:25 PM
  • 86 Replies

I turned it on this evening thinking that I'd get some money-saving tips, but most or all of the ways the people save money are disgusting and often unsanitary.  One guy saves the tissues he blows his nose into and dries them to reuse. Another saves his shower water and washes his dishes with it. One lady uses newspaper instead of toilet paper - then burns the paper- not too awful, but another uses cat food instead of tuna because cat food is cheaper- but I've heard that pet food is not the same quality as people food. One lady goes through dumpsters to get pre-natal vitamins.  :(

by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I would not want to eat or visit in their homes. :(

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Those people are nuts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:51 PM

I agree. I'm all in favor of saving money, but not to these extremes, and not when it affects others as when the one lady served her guests food that she'd taken out of a trash can. :(

Quoting atlmom2: Those people are nuts.

Redkrow23
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I've seen a preview for anepisode where a woman would heat up covered food in the dishwater and act like it was the greatest. Oh, and then the couple who shared the floss and stuff. Idk I can't get myself to watch this show lol.

teddysmama09
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

The one with the pregnant woman really grossed me out. Taking medication you found in the garbage is never a good idea, that's not frugal, it's stupid!

the lasagna in the dishwasher made me want to throw up. Especially since she threw in dirty dishes with it. Blegh!

kbutton24
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Dh and I were just watching it. He freaked when the guy had his daughters sweet 16 in a strip club to save a buck.
Mom2MikeynLando
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:28 PM

I've seen it and they are pretty gross.  The one lady who pees in a jar so that she can save water from flushing really stands out at the moment.  I like to save money, but these people are something else. 

sweetsavannah10
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Did you see the one where the lady made her own breast pump? Out of the items found at the dumpster
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:32 PM
I can't watch that. Too many people eating food from dumpsters. I can't handle that.

MommeeTo4
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Didn't she try to make a breast pump too out of stuff she found in the garbage?

Quoting teddysmama09:

The one with the pregnant woman really grossed me out. Taking medication you found in the garbage is never a good idea, that's not frugal, it's stupid!

the lasagna in the dishwasher made me want to throw up. Especially since she threw in dirty dishes with it. Blegh!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN