Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

is this weird?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:37 PM
  • 23 Replies
So ive bn trying to sell my car so i put it on a website and craigslist. I gotta text asking if i was still selling my car i said yes then they just asked what condition it was in i told em it was in good condition and that i would send em pics. Before i even sent em the pics they asked for my paypal account. I told em i didnt have one and why did they need it. They said to pay for my truck. I asked if they wanted to see it first thwn they said they couldnt bc of their job and said that they would pay for my car then a pick up agent would pick up my truck. Now twice theyve sent a msg asking for my paypal info. Ive never made buisness like this so i dont know if its normal or weird.
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mm_mom515
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Sounds like a scam. Sorry. Good luck selling your car.
m.garcia21
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:45 PM
I tought paypal was safe. I havent made an account but say i did and gave it them. What could they do?

Quoting mm_mom515: Sounds like a scam. Sorry. Good luck selling your car.
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Ive never used paypal. But id also never buy a car without seeing it. Sounds like a way bad deal to me
mm_mom515
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:52 PM
PayPal is basically safe, but it's fishy that they don't want to see or test drive the car first. Also the problem with PayPal is it takes a while for the money to clear into your account. I don't know how they could scam you. Maybe call PayPal and ask if they think it's safe.
anotherandree
by Inga on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
That's the thing. PayPal can take some time but it's easier with larger amounts of money than pulling it in cash on the weekend. If you choose to use paypal, you can tell the guy that he can get the car after the money clears.

Quoting mm_mom515: PayPal is basically safe, but it's fishy that they don't want to see or test drive the car first. Also the problem with PayPal is it takes a while for the money to clear into your account. I don't know how they could scam you. Maybe call PayPal and ask if they think it's safe.
firespurity
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Is he asking to pay you extra and then you pull the extra out to give to this pick up service?
m.garcia21
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:05 PM
No...i but she just asked for it so fast without even seeing pics. And even sent me a link to paypal twice.

Quoting firespurity: Is he asking to pay you extra and then you pull the extra out to give to this pick up service?
m.garcia21
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Exactly my point. They didnt even ask for pics or anything thats weird to me

Quoting mm_mom515: PayPal is basically safe, but it's fishy that they don't want to see or test drive the car first. Also the problem with PayPal is it takes a while for the money to clear into your account. I don't know how they could scam you. Maybe call PayPal and ask if they think it's safe.
firespurity
1 mom liked this
Don't click on links given by unknown, untrusted sources. They may be trying to get you to log into a phishing site and steal your PayPal information.

Quoting m.garcia21: No...i but she just asked for it so fast without even seeing pics. And even sent me a link to paypal twice.

Quoting firespurity: Is he asking to pay you extra and then you pull the extra out to give to this pick up service?
mm_mom515
I wouldn't use her link. That could be the scam. Use her fake link and it takes money out of your bank account. Go directly to PayPal.com typing it in yourself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN