Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

we broke up, after 7 years of friendship

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:58 PM
  • 27 Replies

She has trust issue's, and a close friendship has been broken up because of it. I can't deal with her drama and distrust anymore. I had to block her phone number because she kept trying to contact me over a concern she had about her daughter being at my house all weekend. She's overprotective and accusatory. No matter how hard I try to please her, she ALWAYS finds something wrong. From the time her DD went home from my house repeating some potty talk,  to the time she was playing a video game involving Selena Gomez prepping for a date with JB. Yeah, our house is so unfit for children. Potty talk,  animated Selena Gomez putting make-up on. She started a fight over those things. After I treated her children at our house over night.

I'm too old to make friend's. At least it feels that way. My husband is the only person I have. And my DD has no idea, she will never see her best friend again.

Anyone else in the same boat?

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Sorry, I have never dealt with that.

How old are the girls? If the mom is your friend why does she not trust you? Also, if she is your friend why can't you tell her how you feel? Or have you?

veggiemom474
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Quoting ceciliam:

Sorry, I have never dealt with that.

How old are the girls? If the mom is your friend why does she not trust you? Also, if she is your friend why can't you tell her how you feel? Or have you?

We are no longer friends. Every fight we've had over the yrs she's hinted at ending it, so I followed thru this time. I did tell her how I felt, she called me self centered. She doesn't trust me because she doesn't trust anyone. Her kid's have such a good time at our house, but my DD is was never invited to hers because her apt is too small for them. (that was always her excuse)

CarlyEliz
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:57 PM
Her daughter came home cussing? Because she heard it at your house?
veggiemom474
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Quoting CarlyEliz: Her daughter came home cussing? Because she heard it at your house?

No, her DD went home repeating potty talk. Like poopy and butt. Words not allowed in her home. (my kids went thru a phase we ignored) I had no idea it was gonna cause severe psychological damage to her precious children. Last I heard, it's part of growing up.

CarlyEliz
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:04 PM
Well she is just crazy then... I thought u meant cuss words when u said "potty talk" that would have been understandable but saying butt! Lol sounds like you are better off without her as a friend
AtillaTheHun
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:05 PM
You are never too old to make new friends! Get out of the house, find mom groups in your area, volunteer at your child's school... There are plenty of ways to meet really great people :-)
veggiemom474
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Quoting CarlyEliz: Well she is just crazy then... I thought u meant cuss words when u said "potty talk" that would have been understandable but saying butt! Lol sounds like you are better off without her as a friend

We have 3 kid's, we never curse in front of them. Their mom is feminist, but yet her DD talks about boys non-stop, like a teenager. She's only 9. The DD who said butt and poop day dreams about boys CONSTANTLY. I just think it's ironic. 

veggiemom474
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Quoting AtillaTheHun: You are never too old to make new friends! Get out of the house, find mom groups in your area, volunteer at your child's school... There are plenty of ways to meet really great people :-)

I know there are. I just find it extremely difficult to connect with anyone. I'm an extreme liberal and food actitivist and it's very hard finding people I have a true connection with, someone who shares my views. I don't want to sound judgemental, but I just can't connect with people who don't care about whats so important to me and my family. I can totally accept other people's opinion, but connecting with them as a friend is much more difficult.

TrueTrophyWife
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:11 PM
This needs to be resolved so that the girls friendship is not affected. Find a way! She will resent you!
Devious103102
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Yes and no. A friendship of about 20yrs was just broken up but it was a long distance friendship (though didn't start out that way). As much as it hurt I'm beginning to "see the light". I'll miss her and her kids (because I know she'll never send me updates) but I can't change the issues and, frankly, I'm getting tired of trying to "prove" that I really am her friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)