Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

need help with this one??? what do you do???

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:08 PM
  • 21 Replies

when your baby starts crying do you pick up right away or let him cry for a bit i'm not sure my boyfriend and i are kinda having a misunderstanding about this do you pick him up right away when cry? do you give him anything he wants? i'm not sure what do you do? my boyfriend say's you keep picking him and giving him what he wants hes going to be spoiled and throw fits until he gets what he wants what do i tell my boyfriend whats right or wrong or just what to do? im pretty confused....

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrseoc
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:10 PM
3 moms liked this

always. Always pick them up.

Babies cant "manipulate" you with crying. When babies cry they need you. It's important to their development to know that they can depend on you. Answering your babies cries will assure him/her that you are always there for them. People will tell you that you are spoiling them. But it's not spoiling.. it's just loving them.

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:13 PM
I still go to my 18month old and 5yr old when they cry. I just base my reactions on the situation.
gummiebear813
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:38 PM
I think it depends on age and situation if your baby is less than a year I would always go but if its an older child and they are crying because you put them in their crib or bed for a nap that is a cry you have to let them have and crying is good for babies it helps them strengthen their lungs. You shouls always know why they are crying but you don't have to make them stop crying by giving in every time
veggiemom474
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Your bf doesn't lknow what he's talking about, mustv taken his grandpa's advice. Impossible to spoil a baby. Respond ASAP every time.

mamer12812
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:20 PM

thanks girls for your advice 

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Always pick baby up when they cry. You can't spoil a baby. You can make
Them clingy by not responding to their needs and wants.
1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:29 PM

How old is the baby? I ALWAYS picked and cuddled my crying boys. Until they were old enough to manipulate you. Haha, you will be able to tell when they are just doing it for attention, but it isn't until they are 3-4.

Our "babies" are now 21 and 17, and have never had any sign of being spoiled because of me going to them when they cried. That's just silly. You can't spoil a baby by comforting them.

Devious103102
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Depends on the cry. If it's just fussy then no, if it's a screeching "OMG I'm dying" cry then yes. 

mamer12812
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:29 PM

thanks girls :] no well his cry seems to always be that omg i'm dying cry thats why i think eveytime i need to pick him up but my boyfriend would be like see he's get what he wants evertime and he wil become one of those who yell and scream and get what he wants in stores 

mamer12812
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:30 PM

i sometimes think he thinks that because he's not really his baby but a father figure type

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)