Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support question

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 5:02 PM
  • 2 Replies
So i finally applied for child support. Long over due. I kept putting it off giving him time to get his crap together ...he went to school...waited ...well I'm done. Proven your not going to help..so i applied.

I haven't heard anything but his gf let me know he did get a notice that I filed. So will they determine custody arrangements when we go to court? I would imagine it needs to be established to determine how much he's responsible for...

i was fine with joint as long as I got physical custody bc they live with me but due to some new information I want full. I just didn't know if this is information that would be determined at the same time. I've never gone through any of this so I don't know. Any insight is helpful!
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 5:19 PM

When you go to court they will most likely do a calculation based on your custody and incomes and go from there.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:19 PM

You have to file for full custody as well as the support otherwise he could try for joint or custody himself.  I would call the family court to make sure so i know what to expect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured