Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wireless provider...

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:47 PM
  • 5 Replies

I currently deal with Net10 and get an unlimited card for $50 each month but I'm looking to switch to something cheaper.

SO has Boost and they have the shrinking plan unless you get an android-type phone.

myrateplan.com is showing 3 phone companies that have unlimited plans for less than I pay now.

MetroPCS is $40/mo
AT&T is $45/mo
Straight Talk is $45/mo

Has anyone dealt with these companies? I have only 1 phone that I need unlimited but my DD will be babysitting soon and she'll need a phone since no one has a home phone any more.

Any one know how much their minutes are per minute? 

And if anyone can recommend another phone carrier that's cheaper/better/both I'm willing to look them up!

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
PandTsmomjuly
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I would also have to purchase a phone with the company so if you know of any cheap phones with them let me know! I'd like a QWERTY keyboard but I'm not picky!

aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:51 PM

For prepaid, I've heard straight talk is great. I personally have a verizon plan, but I've got family members who use straight talk and have not had any issues.

flprincessmom
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:55 PM

I have MetroPCS....have been with them for about 4 years now and was with Boost previous to that. IMO, Metro is far better than Boost for cost and customer service.  They have more phones and plans. And they are cheaper. The $40 plan is unlimited everything except data I think...I have always gone with the $60 plan that is unlimited everything including data using 4G.....and on the family plan you can add up to 5 lines I believe and for each line you save $5 off of service...also they have a plan of 4 lines for $100....they often have rebates on different phones that can make the cost very low or even free...

SpiritFortress
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:01 PM

I also have Net10 but go with the $25 for 750 minutes (30 days) because I don't use my phone a lot. So I'm no help to you. :)

PandTsmomjuly
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:05 PM

That card barely lasts me 2 weeks. I use my phone a lot :)

Net10 annoyed me when I got the non-unlimited card and they used a full minute for texts rather than the .50 minute they did when I had the unlimited.

Quoting SpiritFortress:

I also have Net10 but go with the $25 for 750 minutes (30 days) because I don't use my phone a lot. So I'm no help to you. :)

wedding ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)