Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

can he still feel the same?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:24 PM
  • 11 Replies
When me and my husband broke up this last time was because of money now when he meet me i was working i love to work and make my own money. We been together for Four years three out of the four i was not working reason being i got pregnant and he asked me not to work to take care of the first child then a year later came the second. I was looking for jobs even was pregnant and he said dont worry about it. So now last year we got into because he said im lazy it turned ugly after that then he said i don't pay lights rent helping with our children money wise. Now when we split i moved to another city staying with family members while i was thier i got a job after a month working at a car wash bursting my A for less then minimum wage. To do for mine and myself. Now i gave him another chance because he begged for us back but i haven't start working yet but been applying for all jobs i wounder if he still feel that i dont want to work because i haven't got a job within the month time fram of me being back??
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LnghrnFan
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like the two of you need to sit down together when neither of you are angry or upset and have a heart-to-heart conversation.  Get on the same page.  Make sure you both understand what the other feels and expects for your future.  If you don't think you can work through the issues on your own, make an appointment with a marriage counselor..  A trained therapist should be able to help.  Good luck!

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you two should stay split up. Have you thought about enrolling in school?
Vmiller2008
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Y'all need to communicate more.
funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I think this is great advice. Marriage takes lots of work and lots of communication. If you don't have communication it will continue to go downhill. Good luck

Quoting LnghrnFan:

It sounds like the two of you need to sit down together when neither of you are angry or upset and have a heart-to-heart conversation.  Get on the same page.  Make sure you both understand what the other feels and expects for your future.  If you don't think you can work through the issues on your own, make an appointment with a marriage counselor..  A trained therapist should be able to help.  Good luck!

amay-armani
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Yes i have. i spoke to a school yesterday.

Quoting a_and_j_momma: Sounds like you two should stay split up. Have you thought about enrolling in school?
MomstheBom24
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:08 AM

I also am having problems with my man and the work issue. I'd gladly work, but at a place I enjoy working at. Right now I work for him and don't like it. When I moved to part time because of not being happy he gave me those "you're not pulling your weight" vibes. I worked full time since it was legal for me to do so, I also had my own place, car, and home full of stuff paid for by myself along with supporting my child solely by myself until I moved in with him so I really don't apprieciate his attitude. Sitting down and talking about what each of you expect out of the other for the future is a wonderful suggestion. I haven't done it myself yet though! Hope it works out for you!

starlite204
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:51 PM

he sounds like a self centered jrk!!! he already calls you names that are not true ,you know it because your always trying to find work  but the thing that really gets to me is that he said you got  (ugly) how stupid is that he sure didnt think you were ugly when you and him got togather your still the same person you were when you first met,guys are like that sometimes they have to say something mean just because hope everything works out for you .

bmwlover
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:45 PM

He's sounds controlling to me

Have you ever thought he doesn't want you to work in able to be controlling? Do you have friends you hand out with? How does he react if you want to justt hang out with other females?

I bet you he will feel the same when you do get a job...

Can you work a different shift then he does? so someone is with your children at all times? I'm not sure if yor're able to do that? Because you need to sleep and other things for your family

bottom line ask him what he wants and tell him what you "need" Working for me just doesn't help money wise but it helps me by entering acting with other people.

HUGS

Good Luck

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:50 PM
That's good. :)

I think with proper communication and a mutual respect for each others' roles- you could totally work it out.

At this point, Idk though.

Quoting amay-armani: Yes i have. i spoke to a school yesterday.

Quoting a_and_j_momma: Sounds like you two should stay split up. Have you thought about enrolling in school?
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Girl, you find a job and you save some of that money in case you need to leave his sorry ass again. And don't get pregnant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)