Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I need help!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello,

I need some major advice right now and im not too sure what i am suppose to do. Ive been wit my Fiance for almost four years. We have a two year old daughter together. to make a long story short, i pay for food, clothes, bills, my engagement ring, and everything that we need in the house. He cannot get job cuz he does not have a GED or diploma, and refuses to get one. hes lazy and sits at home. there have been some occassions when he gets really angry he has punched holes in the wall, emotionally abused me and has done a lil physical stuff to me as well. idk why i let him stay but i do have feelings for him and i dont know what to do. i dont want to split my daughter in half, but im not happy. he has a few good qualitites but not many. i wanna be happy. but im scared to let him go and im scared to be looked at as a failure as a woman. i have a son from a different marriage cuz he cheated on me with a stripper. so im afraid i look like a failure to men, and i know i dont need one in my life. i currently have my AA in Medical Assisting and currently going to school for  my BA in healthcare management. can i get a little bit of advice????

any would help. :)

by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Save up and leave his sorry butt.  After leaving, concentrate on yourself and the children.  Build up your self esteem and self love so that no more men come into your life that do not contribute positively.

offrdngal
by Terri on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Stop worrying about what others may think of you. Start thinking about what is best for you and your kids. You are only a failure if you live a miserable life, hoping no one will think you live a miserable life.
Sell the engagement and put the money in savings. Save up enough money to get your own place. Don't worry about splitting your daughter in half. Children are very resilient and can handle lots of things, even if the parents don't believe that they can.
Good luck!

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:48 PM

I owuld have left his ass a long time ago!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

notabosley
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:52 PM
This

Quoting offrdngal: Stop worrying about what others may think of you. Start thinking about what is best for you and your kids. You are only a failure if you live a miserable life, hoping no one will think you live a miserable life.

Sell the engagement and put the money in savings. Save up enough money to get your own place. Don't worry about splitting your daughter in half. Children are very resilient and can handle lots of things, even if the parents don't believe that they can.

Good luck!

lunyuny
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Stop carrying him along. Its stress you do not need. You have two children that deserve a happy stress free home. Good luck mama
gummiebear813
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:57 PM
You are already doing it on your own leave his sorry ass and concentrate on you and kids
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:03 PM
You are teaching your kids what a healthy relationship is to them. It obviously isn't and you don't want to teach them this is the expectation for how a man and family are supposed to be. Sometimes it is better to split
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this

He's not going to change, set a good example for your daughter and stop putting up with it. Stay in college. Everything will be ok mama, you have to believe in yourself, you are worth more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)