Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Motherhood stories

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:15 PM
  • 8 Replies
For my Lit class (I'm working on my BSN) I have to write "A mother's tale" in the fashion that the Canterbury tales were written. I need to brainstorm ideas with other mothers. Anyone here have a good story? Something funny? Or with a deep message/meaning?

My first idea is a story about how people warn you about each stage "infants crying and no sleep" "toddlers getting into everything" etc. but I have found each stage has had awesome moments and i cherrish them. So the general message would be to enjoy your children and embrace whatever stage of life they are in.

Thanks for any input you can leave me!!
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
brenatens
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:19 AM

BUMP!

steffiecox
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:26 AM
you gotta have a sense of humor when it comes to being a mother. I found a Woody Wood Pecker at a yard sale and gave it to my 2 year old. While babysitting my friend's three boys, one of them starting playing with it. My dd's yells at him saying "don't touch my woody!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brenatens
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting steffiecox: you gotta have a sense of humor when it comes to being a mother. I found a Woody Wood Pecker at a yard sale and gave it to my 2 year old. While babysitting my friend's three boys, one of them starting playing with it. My dd's yells at him saying "don't touch my woody!"

Haha and if he said "don't touch my pecker" it wouldn't have been any better ;). Thanks for the story!
143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:29 AM

I used to be a volunteer lunch monitor at my sons' school. Most often I'd work the last day and was always excited to have my boys back and as each kiddo would say how excited they are about the last day of school, I'd say "ME TOO!! I can't WAIT for the end of the day!!"

Some kiddo, would says to me, "you're happy? My mom's not happy, she said her vacation is over." 

I'd say "I'm VERY happy, no more school!! I get ___and ___ALL to myself for a whole summer!!" 

I really did, enjoy having my boys home, I've cried every year they've started school. From preschool to dropping my eldest off at college.

lustfull
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:36 AM
My two year old walked into the living room where her grandma,grampa and me were...he saiid its a naked baby(she took he r clothes off) she looked dead at him and goes "naked baby?"....she hasnt said it since.....but it was. Helarious
lustfull
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:36 AM
My two year old walked into the living room where her grandma,grampa and me were...he saiid its a naked baby(she took he r clothes off) she looked dead at him and goes "naked baby?"....she hasnt said it since.....but it was. Helarious
brenatens
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Quoting 143myboys9496:

I used to be a volunteer lunch monitor at my sons' school. Most often I'd work the last day and was always excited to have my boys back and as each kiddo would say how excited they are about the last day of school, I'd say "ME TOO!! I can't WAIT for the end of the day!!"

Some kiddo, would says to me, "you're happy? My mom's not happy, she said her vacation is over." 

I'd say "I'm VERY happy, no more school!! I get ___and ___ALL to myself for a whole summer!!" 

I really did, enjoy having my boys home, I've cried every year they've started school. From preschool to dropping my eldest off at college.

Exactly! They will be grown and doing their own thing soon enough, you only have them to yourself for a while!
brenatens
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 8:37 AM
Quoting lustfull: My two year old walked into the living room where her grandma,grampa and me were...he saiid its a naked baby(she took he r clothes off) she looked dead at him and goes "naked baby?"....she hasnt said it since.....but it was. Helarious

Haha that reminds me of a little girl that came out from taking her bath, ran into the living room (with grandpa and grandma) threw off the towel and said "ta da!!!"... I was told that little girl was me ;). My grandma still says "ta da" every time I walk into a room.... Though I am happy to say I haven't flashed her since lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN