Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How can y'all eat when you are pregnant?!?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:37 PM
  • 46 Replies

Poll

Question: Anyone else have problems with their appetite during pregnancy?

Options:

yes

no

occasionally

there's always an other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 45

View Results

I'm 23 weeks now, with my first pregnancy I had no issues with eating. This time is different, I had morning sickness till 15 weeks, it wasn't bad just constant. I now have terrible heartburn, and had to be put on prescription medication for it. 

I've started losing weight, I can barely eat a small meal. I feel full, quickly. I started out overweight, normally I have a problem pushing myself away from the table. I feel like my stomach has shrunk. Anyone else have this problem? 

I read about pregnancy causing big appetites, and I think it's b.s. because obviously I don't have that problem. My ob/gyn doesn't want me to lose weight, any suggestions? 

by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Lots of small meals as healthy lifestyles should be.  That could be a cheese stick and a piece of fruit , a smoothie  or a sandwich with whole grains , meats, and veggies.    I was on anti nausea meds and acid reflux meds while pregnant.  I ate as i wanted to.

my3littleboys
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:52 PM
I'm 24 weeks. When I was pregnant with my boys I ate all the time (even having all day sickness) but this time around can't eat much at all. I have also lost weight and the dr is not impressed. I'm having a girl....maybe that's the reason for the difference.

notabosley
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:59 PM
If it's just a difference in hormones, I'll be elated. I still don't know if I am having a boy or a girl. I didn't have this problem with DD.

Quoting my3littleboys: I'm 24 weeks. When I was pregnant with my boys I ate all the time (even having all day sickness) but this time around can't eat much at all. I have also lost weight and the dr is not impressed. I'm having a girl....maybe that's the reason for the difference.

notabosley
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:01 PM
I've been breaking my meals down more every week since I started losing weight. I was hoping I could at least maintain. I can't even eat a whole sandwich.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Lots of small meals as healthy lifestyles should be.  That could be a cheese stick and a piece of fruit , a smoothie  or a sandwich with whole grains , meats, and veggies.    I was on anti nausea meds and acid reflux meds while pregnant.  I ate as i wanted to.

Sammi20
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Same thing happened to me. I was lucky if I could eat half my food.. I could Only eat bagels and sourdough bread for breakfast.. I had to throw up sometimes just to feel better the rest of the day.. I ate tums like they were candy and icecream, pickles and Chicken ranch sandwiches from Chili's were my favorite foods. I didn't regain my apitite until I was at like 6 or 7 months. You'll be alright! I think the baby just controls what you'll get to eat!

notabosley
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
So hopefully it is just the hormones, I hope so. I'm constantly hungry, but ten minutes after I eat I feel full.

Quoting Sammi20:

Same thing happened to me. I was lucky if I could eat half my food.. I could Only eat bagels and sourdough bread for breakfast.. I had to throw up sometimes just to feel better the rest of the day.. I ate tums like they were candy and icecream, pickles and Chicken ranch sandwiches from Chili's were my favorite foods. I didn't regain my apitite until I was at like 6 or 7 months. You'll be alright! I think the baby just controls what you'll get to eat!

Sammi20
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Yeah thats how I was. Try eating lollipops like prego pops or other hard candy to keep you satisfied (not gum you Will want to swallow it! lol) and sourdough bread I think that was the best thing for me

Quoting notabosley: So hopefully it is just the hormones, I hope so. I'm constantly hungry, but ten minutes after I eat I feel full.

Quoting Sammi20:

notabosley
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:16 PM
Bread gives me hiccups, and makes my heartburn worse. My doctor recommend liquid calories 3 weeks ago, with no improvement.

Quoting Sammi20:

Yeah thats how I was. Try eating lollipops like prego pops or other hard candy to keep you satisfied (not gum you Will want to swallow it! lol) and sourdough bread I think that was the best thing for me

Quoting notabosley: So hopefully it is just the hormones, I hope so. I'm constantly hungry, but ten minutes after I eat I feel full.

Quoting Sammi20:

kay283
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:16 PM
Im sorry, i know how that feels. I could hardly stand the sight or smell of food let alone eat it. I lost 20 lbs by about 20 weeks, but then I started to feel slightly better and was able to eat more. I don't understand how some women have cravings and overeat when pregnant. Good luck, I hope you feel better.
ladybugchar
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:19 PM
I am eating about 1/2 of what I used to eat. If that much. I have days where I can eat more. But not often. I'm overweight to start with so my doctor isn't worried. He has told me before that it won't hurt the baby any if I lose some while pregnant. As long as I'm not "trying" to lose weight. I didn't gain anything at all during my last pregnancy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)