Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Dangerous Baby Wipes

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:21 AM
  • 153 Replies

Have you come across any wipes that caused rashes and painful reactions in your children? I got really concerned about this news: http://www.kfvs12.com/story/24437781/ingredient-used-in-baby-wipes-may-cause-rashes Could this be trusted, or is just to make people afraid and paranoid?

What do you use at home? How do you make sure you buy the best product out there? 

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:27 AM
2 moms liked this
I used cloth wipes so no issues.
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:44 AM

we used regular wipes with no issues with dd.  I think she has been the only baby I have been around that did not get rashes.  If you are worried, just use a wet wash cloth that is soft and you can throw it in the wash immediately.

jjchick75
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:45 AM
Yep this

Quoting JasonsMom2007: I used cloth wipes so no issues.
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 23, 2014 at 4:26 AM
2 moms liked this
We use the kirkland brand and have no troubles thankfully.
ABCMomma0211
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 4:36 AM
4 moms liked this
I only use huggies thick clean....no issues
lanajanefox
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:24 AM
6 moms liked this

We make our own wipes both cloth and disposable. I found it cheaper and I know what's in it. It takes just 10 minutes when you are used to and each batch costs less than 75 cents - when we use disposable even less. I use my own recipe, but I found that good too: http://domesticguidelines.com.au/diy-baby-wipes/ If you have never tried it before, there is a useful video too :) Thank me later! :) 

illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:57 AM

The only wipes that don't give my son a rash are pampers sensitive. He also gets nasty rashes from pretty much every disposable diaper out there.

So we just use cloth, and no issues.

GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:22 AM

Cloth here as well. :-) But my first two weren't and I never had any issues with rashes when it came to the wipes.

terpmama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 4:57 AM
Kirkland from Costco... Though we've never had an issue with either boy with any brand...
barrelracer1699
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:00 AM
4 moms liked this

I used huggies brand, never had a problem. Everyone is different and everyone reacts different to things. What happened to one child may not happen to another. If I had a problem I wouldn't blame the manufacture I would just stop using that brand!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)