Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Trimming The Fat.......

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:13 AM
  • 8 Replies
Can anyone give me advice on trimming my 2 and a half year old belly fat? After having my son I was to caught up in the moment to really care about my appearance. Now two and a half years later I'm getting the question, "are you pregnant?" Ugh... it's starting to get hard to deal with. I'm already unblessed when it comes to my boobs. So having my belly stick out further then my boobs is annoying. I'm very slim... only 107lbs and 5'2. So I'm not by fare fat. But the only place I do gain weight is in my belly. I tried sit ups but I have a fractured tail bone which is disfigured. So when I do them I get a raw spot rubbed around tail bone. Any advice will be awesome. However a gym membership is not an option. Can't afford prices in our area.
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
VinVanMom
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Control top panties?

tapies2324
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Start doing sit ups at home??
luvbugs3
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Not sure.  I took a  mommy boot camp class after having my kids and some of the moms were asking the physical therapist how to get rid of it, and the answer was you can't, unless you get a tummy tuck.  I really did not like that answer. I hear it in the back of my mind all the time when I am trying to lose my tummy, I start to feel like it is a lost cause, because I know I will never get a tummy tuck.

Hopefully someone will have some good advice for you.  I would love to know as well.

tapies2324
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Nevermind...I'm obviously illiterate.

Quoting tapies2324: Start doing sit ups at home??
N_maricle
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Try Pilates.

KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:05 AM

You cant spot reduce. Abs or a flat tummy is 80% made in the kitchen not in the gym.  You have to eat clean and drink lots of water. Core works outs are great but if your not watching what your putting in your body the belly will always be there.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Can you do crunches they may help:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Femommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:19 PM
My kitchen is full of fruits and veggies right now. I read about drinking a lot if water. Also to put lotion on your belly. However I don't drink a lot (hard to get in the habit) and I've been adding lotion to my belly but that's not helping just making it soft.
Quoting KelliansMom:

You cant spot reduce. Abs or a flat tummy is 80% made in the kitchen not in the gym.  You have to eat clean and drink lots of water. Core works outs are great but if your not watching what your putting in your body the belly will always be there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN