Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Meet Your Medal Worthy Host!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:33 AM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

Lindsay Ferrier is a wife to her husband Dennis, mom to an awesome 6 year old boy and compassionate 9 year old girl, and stepmom to two lovely young ladies who are now in college. She's author of the popular lifestyle blog Suburban Turmoil and host of the travel-reality show Tout Your Town, coming to PBS in June. CafeMom users may know Lindsay best as host of CafeMom's I'll Take That Dare on YouTube, Election Correspondent for CafeMom's Moms Matter 2012 election initiative, and author of the She's Still Got It, a fashion/beauty column on The Stir. Lindsay and her family tend to get a little obsessed about the Olympics-- They'll be spending most of February watching the Games together and discussing the athletes and outcomes. It's a Ferrier family tradition!

Follow Lindsay as she leads us through the Olympics sharing posts, videos, and her favorite medal worthy moments from motherhood AND the games.  Thanks for joining us, Lindsay!

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Looking forward to reading and watching highlights, since I don't have cable this will be my link to the Olympics.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Good morning!  :)

mandee1503
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Looking forward to the posts and to see what everyone is watching!

Leelee1008
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:49 AM

cool

slw123
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Nice!  I love watching Lindsay's videos! 

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Thanks for joining us! I am excited to follow this :)

Madelaine
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Morning!

dusky_rose
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Hi Lindsay! wave

Hope I get to enjoy some of your videos. :-)

~ From your friendly neighborhood Sue :-) <3 ~

LindsayFerrier
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks everybody! I'm an Olympics nut, so I'm really looking forward to the games and to discussing them with all of you. :)

My kids are FINALLY old enough to get something out of watching the games and I'm hoping to use the Olympics as a jumping-off point to talk with them about traits like persistence, courage, winning and losing gracefully, discipline, etc. I'll be sharing my ideas on this kind of thing quite a bit here.

P&G's videos about the Olympic athletes and their moms have some GREAT backstories that can give your kids more of an emotional stake in rooting for these Olympians during the games. They're all definitely worth watching- They made me about 100 times more excited about what's to come.  :)

Looking forward to it!

MamaMandee
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Yay I love Lindsay!! Her I will take that dare videos were the best. She is a perfect host!! Im looking forward to what you are going to bring Lindsay! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN