Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you remember a time when your mom picked you back up? (VIDEO)

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:07 PM
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this

Can you remember a time when your mom picked you back up and convinced you to keep trying?

P&G "Thank You, Mom" | Pick Them Back Up

For teaching us that falling only makes us stronger. For giving us the encouragement to try again. Thank you, Mom. Learn more about P&G Thank You, Mom at http://www.facebook.com/ThankYouMom.

How does your mom's example affect your parenting today?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaMama16
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:06 AM
2 moms liked this
My moms "picks me back up" alllll the time! That's what moms do. Anytime i need advice, words of encouragement, etc. she's always there to pick me back up and let me know i can do anything i set my mind to. love her... and that's what i teach my kids too!
marina13
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Absolutely! Plenty of times; she's the best.
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Feb. 4, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Not really to be honest. Cute video.
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 2:29 PM

No, I don't recall that, but my dad did when I was learning to ride a bike. I try to show my kids more support and strength than I received growing up.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Feb. 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM

My mom and my dad both were wonderful parents.  They supported all 7 of us kids and were always there for us and always helped us when we fell and celebrated with us when we suceeded.  I try to be the best I can for my kids as well.

othermom
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Great video
rebeccab1966
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 6:54 PM

My oldest sister, who was a brilliant, sweet "geek" attended a very rough high school.  She got beaten up one day by a huge, scary, voilent girl.  My Mom waited for her.  My Mom was like 100 pounds and 5 feet tall.  She grabbed the girl by the neck and said "you ever touch my girl again I will smash your brains all over this sidewalk."  She never bothered my sister again.

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:37 PM
All the time. She still does anytime I need her support... More than ever now that I'm a mom myself!
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:11 AM

My Mom was a bit of tough love sort, so I try not to be that way as much though she is always there when i need her and I try and always be there for my kids when they need me.

143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:35 AM

NO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)