Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Some advice on a teenager and what they should wear?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:47 PM
  • 15 Replies
So, my dd is in the phase of her life where clothes and makeup mean life or death. For the last year she has been bullied because she doesn't have "stylist" clothes. We are not made out of money so I try my best to find deals at yard sales and our local church normally has a few things.

Is there any other place I can look for stylist clothes for someone who wears size 0 clothing? I feel so bad for her but I really want buy her new things. Any advice would be great
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xtwistedxlovex
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:04 AM

What in the world are stylist clothes? Is that supposed to say stylish? I'm going to assume so, 'cause if it really is stylist I'm useless to you anyway! What kind of deals are you looking for? I know American Eagle has clearanced clothes on their website, $10 tops and $15-20 jeans. You can probably find something similar for whatever's popular.

As for makeup, does she have good brushes? The ELF brushes are decent for their price if not. A good brush set alone can make a huge difference. After all, you don't see artists painting masterpieces with those crappy little brushes that come in watercolor sets :-P

sara82lee
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Honestly she is the perfect size for clearance sale racks and thrift store racks. Not too many people wear size 0, so I at least always see lots of that size leftover on the clearance racks at Marshalls and Penneys.

Also, the freecycle group in my area is awesome. Do you have one where you live?
mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:26 AM
look for a local garage sale or clothing sale group on Facebook.

Ours are great
moniagee
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Try craigslist and consignment shops. I'm in the same boat with 2 teenage boys and there is this consignment shop called Plato's Closet near me that sells clothes for teens and young adults. They are my best friend, lol. I spent $200 for Christmas and walked out of there with 10 shirts and 6 pairs of jeans. All name brand, Aeropostale, American Eagle, Hollister, and Express. And everything was gently used. And for make up, try Avon or beauty supply stores like Sally's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moniagee
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:35 AM
Eta: my boys are also small. I have one that wears a men's 28 and the other wears a 30. And I clean up for them on the sales racks and Plato's Closet.

Quoting moniagee: Try craigslist and consignment shops. I'm in the same boat with 2 teenage boys and there is this consignment shop called Plato's Closet near me that sells clothes for teens and young adults. They are my best friend, lol. I spent $200 for Christmas and walked out of there with 10 shirts and 6 pairs of jeans. All name brand, Aeropostale, American Eagle, Hollister, and Express. And everything was gently used. And for make up, try Avon or beauty supply stores like Sally's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyMays
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:03 AM
You could try consignment sales in your area.
humblemomma
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Thanks ladies:)
Malayahsmom06
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Might try going on ebay and searching for items that are new with tags, or in good used condition. They have name brand items, and you can get  a good deal :) Good luck, the teenage years suck!

humblemomma
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
They do! Lol

Quoting Malayahsmom06:

Might try going on ebay and searching for items that are new with tags, or in good used condition. They have name brand items, and you can get  a good deal :) Good luck, the teenage years suck!

cadeesmommy0120
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Do you have a Plato's Closet near you?  I've seen American Eagle jeans for less than $15.  They also frequently send emails about sales they are having-last week jeans were $5.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)