Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

tummy woes, cannot figure whats wrong...

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:59 PM
  • 20 Replies
My daughter is almost 12. She has tummy issues but doctors tests have come back normal. She has had ultrasounds, blood tests and fecal tests, but all test say everything is working as it should. We took her off gluten products and had a little relief from stomach aches but it seems like it just comes and goes and just doesn't want to go away completely. Lately I have noticed she is eating less, bring home most of her lunch from school un-eaten I don't know where to turn anymore. Any suggestions or recommendations of what tests to request or things to try.
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfyangel
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Bump
anotherandree
by Inga on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Try going lactose-free for a time if the gluten-free didn't work.  Especially if it comes and goes, it sounds like something is not agreeing with her.

SWEET737
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Your daughter may need probiotic. It helps to boost the healthy bacteria that is in your digestive system. Yogurt  is also good for your digestive system. And better yet, Aloe Vera pills. You can go to hsn.com and look up item # 339138. It is made by Andrew Lessman. Once you look it up, you can read all about it and even check out all of the reviews. It has been making a difference for me.  Good luck.

mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:59 AM
How long has it been going on? What kind of pain? How often?

Has she been seen by an gyno?

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried giving her a good quality probiotic? Also, could it be stress?

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:21 AM
That's how my 5yo is right now. Lord I do not want to try elimination diets. :(

Gl mama.
momof2891
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:30 AM
What kind of symptoms is she having? My kids have issues with their tummies if they drink too much milk, not enough water or if the food is too spicy/greasy. Have they checked her gallbladder?
freedommoments
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:54 AM
((Hugs)) we are going through similar issues. The one big thing when it comes to kids is that they often don't realize how seriously something they are sensative to can effect them. I would see if perhaps your dd has had some gluten. She may not realize it but some times kids share food or other items. She might be sneaking food as well. Also go back through your foods znd double check labels and call companies as ingredients can chance. Make sure your up to date on all the names gluten might show up under.

The only real test that might show what could be going on is to have them scope out her digestive track. This will show if there is any damage. Also check out other things you use like laundry soap, shampoo, personal care items, cleaners, make-up, lotion as those products can contain gluten. With your skin being the bodies largest organ and anything that touches your skin being absorbed into the body she could be getting huge amounts of gluten still.

Personally I would start her on some probiotics, start a food and symptom diary. Look into Paleo recipes which are not recipes that substitute another grain for wheat/gluten snd head back to the Dr's. It also might be time to check with a Gyno as well.
momofsixangels
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Has she had a colonoscopy?

othermom
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I hope you can figure out what is going on

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)