Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Here we go again....it never stops

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 5:47 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am sure you have heard about the kids that had their lunch taken away because of no money in their accounts. I am also sure that some idiot parents are going to sue the school because of the "emotional distress" to their kid. Most likely the kids will not remember this next week. Just another example of frivolous lawsuits by people looking for quick money.

by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 5:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:55 AM
At our schools kids got pb&j if they forgot money. On, woops, parents would sue for that too.
Parents need to give their kid lunch money and or keep money int the account. It is not that hard people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:59 PM
What they did was wrong. I haven't heard of any lawsuits
tyfry7496
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:28 PM
What was done was wrong but not lawsuit worthy. If you were going to take the good away then don't give it to them in the first place. Not only did innocent kids not get lunch but money was wasted from throwing the food away.
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:34 PM

I agree with this.  They should have called the parents and said you either need to come pick your kid up, bring them a lunch or bring money.

Quoting tyfry7496: What was done was wrong but not lawsuit worthy. If you were going to take the good away then don't give it to them in the first place. Not only did innocent kids not get lunch but money was wasted from throwing the food away.

kerryket
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 12:15 AM

This, it was a dumb move, it got national attention, heads rolled but it's not really lawsuit worthy.

Quoting tyfry7496: What was done was wrong but not lawsuit worthy. If you were going to take the good away then don't give it to them in the first place. Not only did innocent kids not get lunch but money was wasted from throwing the food away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN