Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

do you from your dh? *edit*

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 3:06 AM
  • 113 Replies
Do you get an "allowance " monthly from your hubby? If so hoe much and how did u agree on the amount??

EDIT!!!!
This post wasn't because I or you are children. It was simply because don't u get sick of asking someone else for money or explain why you need/want it?? I make my own money but its not enough because I pay the bills. Internet/cable power gas and usually phone bills. He works full time and pays rent and insurance. We are on a tight budget until next pay period where he will be going salary and because I don't want on the bank account at all he's decided he will open another one and give me the card and put money in it for keeping up on my vehicle expense and such. That way if something happens and he's at work or something I have the money just in case.... For those of you who think its childish should probably put ur big girl panties on and realize not everyone's situation is all the same. And those who think its controlling its not. I asked him what he thought about it and he agreed it was a good idea....
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 4:17 AM

I get 100 a month...... more if I want.  I am currently trying to find a  job as well to supplement it.  We have a budget spreadsheet set up so this helps organize things.

illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 4:33 AM

No. It's the other way around. He gets $600 per month to do whatever with. Most of the time he just saves it.

We came to this figure because it's a third of what's leftover after all our bills are paid - we split the leftovers three ways between ourselves & savings.

Melissa_anne
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 4:50 AM
1 mom liked this

nope, we both bring home a paycheck.  I do the bills so i tell him how much we have left to spend in the two weeks til we get paid next but i usually give him an amount that is less than what we have because i know he would spend it on stupid shit if he knew the actual amount

steffiecox
by Steph on Feb. 4, 2014 at 5:47 AM
2 moms liked this
uh no... Am I suppose to get one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrossStitchMum
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 5:50 AM
No. What's left after bills ect is fair game for both of us. Although of course I spend most of it on the kids :P there hasn't been any spare since Christmas though :(
mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Kinda.
Dfbis a business owner. And after business bills are paid he loads my reusable debit card ( since we don't do banks) $650 on one for groceries and $200-$300 per month for diapers, soap, spending and such.

It works for us.
ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:21 AM

No. My husband works and I'm a SAHM but I pay all our bills and take care of the financial stuff. Its not his money or my money, its OUR money. We have a checking account that we pay all of our bills and necessities out of (groceries, bills, etc), a savings account that is for emergencies, a retirement account, and then a "rainy day account" which is where the money for splurges and fun comes from.

katiebug840204
by Katie on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:23 AM
2 moms liked this
No allowance. I can spend whatever I want to spend from OUR money.
143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

No. We both work. I prefer to keep it at $60/week just for spending money, meaning coffees, lottery (dh plays), dh usually takes more. I usually take less than that. If I'm taking more, I'm giving money to the kids. (our eldest is in college). 

The way I figure it, it's just money, you can't take it with you, and we both work hard, especially dh. 

snowangel1979
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:45 AM
No. I'm a SAHM.
Part of his check gets put into our account, the other part put in his account. (which is our savings account, I don't want to be on the savings account)

I pay the bills with our account and there's always extra money in there. Plus I have 2 credit cards if for some reason I would need to pay for something expensive.

I generally let him know what I'm taking money or putting it on the cc if It's something big.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)