Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dont know what to do

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:03 PM
  • 4 Replies

My 15 year old dd has depression. When school started back in august it was so bad.In 2 weeks she went to school maybe 3 days. All she did was cry and beg not to go.She said she hated it. She ended up starting cutting herself and then said she wanted to die.She ended up baker acted. She is on meds now.We got her into virtual school. Well its not working. Shje is too far behind.Before all this she was a straight A student and in honors classes.We are trying to get her nto a school not in our zone but so far no luck. She may have to go back to the first school. She is crying and Im scared if she does have to go back that something will happen again.She is depressed b/c we are in foreclosure.The house has been up for autcion 3 times in the past year but stopped each time b/c chase is trying to help us with a modification. its up for auction again march 4th. I dont know what to do anymore. I feel so bad for her.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Can you talk to the virtual school about how to help her get caught up?

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

I have and she said its not going to work

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Is she in therapy?

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

I have and she said its not going to work

CASAHM209
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:39 PM

What about a high school proficiency exam? I know California has one (CHSPE), it was 2 short essays and a bunch of multiple choice questions in math, english, etc. It's treated just like a GED but it's for minors and she can still return to the school system while she's under 18.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)