Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice on my 2 boys playing "sex" with each other

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:06 PM
  • 8 Replies
I just caught my 6 year old son and my 3 year old son playing with each other's "wee wee's" and the younger one was laughing saying he was having "sex" like it was a funny game, the thing is the little one doesn't really know better, but the older one does. This is the second time this has happened and I am disturbed more than anything. The older one knows its wrong because when I confronted him saying what the little one told me he said "Liam is lying" and he started getting flushed in the face and it was very hard for him to look me in the eyes. I understand that self exploration is normal, but with his little brother? With each other? I'm confused and disturbed. I don't want this to ever happen again, I am not angry in the slightest just really worried that this could eventually turn into something awfull. Maybe I am just being paranoid but I just don't know what to do. I told him that his behavior was wrong and that he shouldn't be touching his brothers wee wee. He pinky promises he wouldn't do it anymore but I am still worried.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:15 PM

I would get him to the ped and perhaps a child behaviorist.  I would tell him it is not okay to touch other people's body parts especially in the privacy areas.

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:15 PM
How does he know about sex in the first place???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:20 PM
How do they know the word sex and better yet what it means??? 6 and 3 yo kids don't need to know what sex is and how.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:48 PM

you'd be surprised at what a 6yr old can learn in public school if given the chance...even the bus ride there can be educational

Quoting atlmom2: How do they know the word sex and better yet what it means??? 6 and 3 yo kids don't need to know what sex is and how.

MellowMum330
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I've caught my 4 year old doing this kind of stuff with his little brother, but couldn't explain what or why he was doing it. They were both laughing. I think it's normal. Maybe not what the majority of kids do, but within the realm of normal. Both my pediatrician and a child psych I know said not to worry about it & to not shame them about it.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Mine learned a lot but not sex. I am of no help.

Quoting emmy526:

you'd be surprised at what a 6yr old can learn in public school if given the chance...even the bus ride there can be educational

Quoting atlmom2: How do they know the word sex and better yet what it means??? 6 and 3 yo kids don't need to know what sex is and how.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm all for giving the sex talk early, but the no touch talk should have come first. He shouldnt "think" he's playing having sex at 6 with his 3 y/o brother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RitaTequila531
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Quoting Jenn8604: I'm all for giving the sex talk early, but the no touch talk should have come first. He shouldnt "think" he's playing having sex at 6 with his 3 y/o brother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)