Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this really necessary?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:38 PM
  • 2 Replies

A co-worker of mine asked me for advice & I'm not sure what to tell her. So here's the scenario:

Let's say you are planning your wedding & it's the 2nd marriage for both of you. Since both of you have established homes already there is no need for much. In fact you both will probably weed through what you already have so there is no duplicates. 

Is it necessary to set up a wedding registry with this in mind?

What if people ask "Is there a registry?" or "Is there anything that you need?" 

Is it tacky to tell people you would rather not get anything for the homes but yet if possible contribute to your honeymoon (or basically help offset costs)?

I think she should just tell people there is no need for a registry & let it be. If people want to send them money then that is on them (the people). This way it doesn't sound as if the couple is greedy. 

What do you think?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MommyChance
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM
She could set up a few things on the registry and add a honeymoon registry as well! There's gotta be something they want/need!
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:00 PM
It is always nice to get new towels, sheets etc. I would register for some things. Tacky to ask for money. Many will give money anyway. I give money always.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)