Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to cafe mom, an need some advice.

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:08 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello everyone, my name is Heather James. I have a three year old son named Jude an another son, Silas due in a week. My three year old has almost completely regressed from all the progress he's made over the years. He doesn't follow his potty training, he stopped talking an he won't even try to learn anything new. I know with baby on the way the first born needs more attention, it's just I don't know what to do anymore. With getting ready an Jude going through the terrible twos and regressing I ran out of ideas. I just catch myself getting frustrated an angry :( does anyone have any advice, it would mean the world to me. 

Thank you everyone :)

Heather James

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
awebber4
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Try to spend time with him alone. My ds used to go through the same thing and i used to get very frustrated. Our doctor told us to be patient and dont call much attention to it. Your son feels tht baby is coming soon and that makes them behave in many different ways. Good luck i hope all goes well for you
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Quoting awebber4: Try to spend time with him alone. My ds used to go through the same thing and i used to get very frustrated. Our doctor told us to be patient and dont call much attention to it. Your son feels tht baby is coming soon and that makes them behave in many different ways. Good luck i hope all goes well for you
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Get him involved with understanding about the new baby coming such as reading a book about baby in the belly.  I had a really good one called "Mama, What's in your belly?"  it had various animals and then at the end had a Mommy human and I also got a present for my eldest from the baby that we gave the day after she was born while still at the hospital.  maybe some Big Brother shirts and talk about how many things he can teach the new baby and let him know he is a little boy now and stop referring him as your baby.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:10 AM

As for learning, mine did really well with flashcards, learning songs and there is a show on tv called "Brainy Baby" that goes over letters, shapes, colors, etc.

bianca727
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Exactly. My thoughts.

Quoting MixedCooke:

Get him involved with understanding about the new baby coming such as reading a book about baby in the belly.  I had a really good one called "Mama, What's in your belly?"  it had various animals and then at the end had a Mommy human and I also got a present for my eldest from the baby that we gave the day after she was born while still at the hospital.  maybe some Big Brother shirts and talk about how many things he can teach the new baby and let him know he is a little boy now and stop referring him as your baby.

bianca727
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:15 AM
They say some kids so that b/c of fear of bot being wanted or feeling unloved. Just try to take some deep breaths and just continue to work with him everyday and keep him involved with the baby. Ask god to lead your foot steps and guide you. Best of luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)