Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Dollar Tree Pregnancy Test

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:41 AM
  • 22 Replies

Have any of you used it? What's your experience? My period is late and I grabbed one of these tests on a whim. The test kind of threw me off with the dropper thing. I tested in the evening and it was negative. I've read that with these tests it's important to use first morning urine, did you find that to be true? I'm wondering if I should test again but wanted to see what your experiences have been first :) Thanks!

by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.CATWOMEN91
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I took two before and both negative. They were right. Everyone I've ever talked to has bought them and they were spot on. It wouldn't hurt to try its only a 1.00
xoxo28
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I used 3 of them and they all were accurate! That's how I found out I was pregnant.
momofsixangels
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I did when I was pg with my now 15 year old dd.It was posititve and right,Also walmart has them for 88 cents.My dd took one and it was positive and she is pg

Keda84
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I use them here is my the day my period was due.
JennasMom2
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Thanks for the replies.  I already took one and it was negative but just curious if the time of day matters with these considering the minimal amount of urine it uses? I've read it's important to use morning urine with these, did you find that true? 

Keda84
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:57 AM
I took that in the afternoon I would retest in a week if AF doesn't show up.

momofsixangels
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Quoting Keda84:

Mobile Photo

I see 2 lines!!

Keda84
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting Keda84:

Mobile Photo

I see 2 lines!!

fire86
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM

I used one in the evening and it was positive so I don't think time of day matters. It wouldn't hurt to try though I mean its only $1.00

DarksMama
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 1:20 PM

With both of my kids, I used them so I didn't waste $12 on the good ones. Both times I tested about 6 days before AF was due and both times they were accurate. The small amount of urine is no big deal. It's propotional to the size of the test strip. but using morning urine is the best way to go if you're still somewhat far from your AF date. 

Quoting JennasMom2:

Thanks for the replies.  I already took one and it was negative but just curious if the time of day matters with these considering the minimal amount of urine it uses? I've read it's important to use morning urine with these, did you find that true? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN