Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Where in the USA are the Sochi Olympians from?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:38 PM
  • 43 Replies

Mapping the U.S. Olympic team state-by-state

OlyAth606bThe delegation of athletes that the United States will send to the Winter Olympics will be the largest of any in Sochi when the games begin next week.

Team USA will consist of 230 athletes (105 women, 125 men), with California sending the most Olympians (20). Colorado and Minnesota will each send 19 with New York sending 18. Here’s a look at the state-by-state breakdown... (Click through for the complete list.)

Are there any Sochi Olympians from your home state? (Or tell us about the Olympians from your country if you aren't in the US!) Do you have a favorite "local" Olympic athlete?

by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaMandee
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
This is very cool, thanks Sarah!!
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:40 PM

I thought it would be kind of fun to see where everyone was from after seeing their faces at the Opening Ceremonies. :)

Quoting MamaMandee: This is very cool, thanks Sarah!!

MamaMandee
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Oh & Im in Indiana but home is Oregon.
ColieO
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:44 PM
15, Utah. I'm pretty sure Lindsay Vonn pulled out a few weeks ago though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:47 PM

She did, just couldn't rehab that injury. :( Is she from Utah? I love to watch her ski and was so bummed for her that she wasn't able to come back this year.

This Utah list includes Lindsey Van, who is a ski jumper -- new Olympic event for women this year!

Quoting ColieO: 15, Utah. I'm pretty sure Lindsay Vonn pulled out a few weeks ago though.

MamaMandee
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Im watching it now. I felt so bad for my 5 year old daughter, she talked about it all day & then she fell asleep just as the teams started walking. DH cut out of work early to come home & catch some of it. He got home just after USA walked. My teen was going to watch but she isnt feeling good today, in fact she stayed home today. My son has been watching since dad got home, guess I wasnt cool enough lol.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I thought it would be kind of fun to see where everyone was from after seeing their faces at the Opening Ceremonies. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:49 PM

My son was exactly the same... He especially wanted to see Shaun White, so he got to see a few clips of him in the intro and while they were waiting to come on. He just couldn't make it any longer, poor guy. We'll have to catch a highlight reel tomorrow.

Quoting MamaMandee: Im watching it now. I felt so bad for my 5 year old daughter, she talked about it all day & then she fell asleep just as the teams started walking. DH cut out of work early to come home & catch some of it. He got home just after USA walked. My teen was going to watch but she isnt feeling good today, in fact she stayed home today. My son has been watching since dad got home, guess I wasnt cool enough lol.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

ColieO
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought they spelled Vonn wrong lol.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

She did, just couldn't rehab that injury. :( Is she from Utah? I love to watch her ski and was so bummed for her that she wasn't able to come back this year.

This Utah list includes Lindsey Van, who is a ski jumper -- new Olympic event for women this year!

Quoting ColieO: 15, Utah. I'm pretty sure Lindsay Vonn pulled out a few weeks ago though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:53 PM
If you find a good highlight reel online, please let me know.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

My son was exactly the same... He especially wanted to see Shaun White, so he got to see a few clips of him in the intro and while they were waiting to come on. He just couldn't make it any longer, poor guy. We'll have to catch a highlight reel tomorrow.

Quoting MamaMandee: Im watching it now. I felt so bad for my 5 year old daughter, she talked about it all day & then she fell asleep just as the teams started walking. DH cut out of work early to come home & catch some of it. He got home just after USA walked. My teen was going to watch but she isnt feeling good today, in fact she stayed home today. My son has been watching since dad got home, guess I wasnt cool enough lol.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:07 PM
15 from Wisconsin. We have a lot of speed skaters. Bonnie Blair lives in the next town over and Dan Jansen lives near here too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN