Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Locked in your Sochi hotel bathroom? No problem if you're a bobsledder!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:54 PM
  • 85 Replies
1 mom liked this

Trapped U.S. bobsledder wins gold for destroying locked Sochi bathroom

By Kellan Howell

The Washington Times

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Image: Twitter

Image: Twitter more >

A U.S. Olympic bobsledder was forced to break down a door when he was locked in his hotel bathroom.

Bobsledder Johnny Quinn tweeted on Saturday morning “I was taking a shower and the door got locked/jammed.”

He followed up with another tweet with a photo of his bathroom door after he broke through saying “… with no phone to call for help, I used my bobsled push training to break out. #SochiJailBreak”

“It was an unfortunate situation, but I got out safely,” Mr. Quinn said on NBC’s Today show, USA Today reported.

Mr. Quinn and the U.S. bobsledding team start their quest for gold on February 16. Before he joined the Olympic team, Mr. Quinn played in the NFL for the Buffalo Bills and Green Bay Packers and also with the CFL’s Saskatchewan Roughriders.

What do you think of Johnny Quinn's solution to being trapped in his bathroom? Has anything crazy ever happened when you've stayed at a hotel, abroad or at home?

by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaMandee
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I saw that on the news & its crazy! They really were not ready with the hotels there. Im glad he didnt get hurt getting out.
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Apparently several other people have been locked in or out of hotel rooms, but the rest of them weren't able to destroy the door...

Quoting MamaMandee: I saw that on the news & its crazy! They really were not ready with the hotels there. Im glad he didnt get hurt getting out.

MamaMandee
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:59 PM
5 moms liked this
Oh & nothing crazy has ever happen to me in a hotel. I did once spend about 15 mins trying to get into my room once only to figure out it was not my room. That is what you call a sucessful Vegas trip lol.
MamaMandee
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Dude must be one tough guy! I'd be screwed lol

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Apparently several other people have been locked in or out of hotel rooms, but the rest of them weren't able to destroy the door...

Quoting MamaMandee: I saw that on the news & its crazy! They really were not ready with the hotels there. Im glad he didnt get hurt getting out.

momofsixangels
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Nothing crazy happened to me. He was smart in figuring out how to get out

humblemomma
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:11 PM
I had a shower knob fall of and almost hit me but then a huge gush of water pushed me back
virginiamama71
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Nothing like that.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 8, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Wow...it is crazy over there.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 8, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Lol no.
graycalico
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, that would suck to not be able to compete from getting injured that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)