Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Question couples????

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:22 PM
  • 23 Replies
Question couples???? Does your partner/spouse have a lock on their computer or phone and if so are you okay with this? Is it ok to have passwords to a computer or phone that your spouse isn't allowed to use? Is this about him/her having something of their own or space? Is this okay in your relationships? Why or why not?
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:42 PM

When I was married he had one on his phone and laptop cause he took it with him to work. At the time he took the laptop to work he was studying and needed it study on break and when he left work he went to class or library.

But I knew the passwords.

If the computer is always in the home there is no need for a password except if it is there so children cannot go on without permission, than both parents should know the password.

-PB
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:49 PM
2 moms liked this

He may have a password for his phone.  I've never really cared to check.  Just don't feel the need to be in his phone for any reason.  I'm not even sure how to use it.  lol

His computer locks automatically.  We have the same password for both of our computers and we use each others computer interchangeably.

I think its strange when people go through their so's emails, texts, calls, etc.  If you don't trust them then you shouldn't be with em'.  Period. 

kerryket
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:50 PM
I have a lock on my phone, but I share it with dh it's strangers I'm keeping off of my phone, it's never been something we've discussed, we just always have respected each other's space.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 8, 2014 at 11:12 PM

No locks or passwords.  We are very open with each other with nothing to hide.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 8, 2014 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband has pass codes on both his phone and computer bc he takes them to work. I know the codes, though. We know each other's passwords for nearly everything. Nothing to hide here!
illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:21 AM

We know each others' passwords for personal phones and computers, but not work computers. It's fine.

jenesis509
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:22 AM
We don't we trust each other I do have a child lock with a code I put on all the time though lol
pfc_halls_wifey
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Me and the hubbs share a cellphone and as far as computers they do have locks on them but only for our kiddos. I know his password and he knows mine. Unless it is kid or work related there should be no reason to ever put passcode on anything because if you do well you obviously have something to hide.

Gahoona
by New Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:47 AM
I don't even want passwords to how personal emails or Facebook. I just feel like everything I have is open and he pretty much knows the passwords to everything I have and if he asked I would give them to him. He says he needs privacy to be his self and I'm trying to control him or analyze his life. I do not feel like there is anyone else but what then is so personal you couldn't share with your wife.
143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a passcode for my cell, but dh knows it. Heck, my sons know it! LOL (19 and 17). 

Unless you have small kids and need to lock a computer I can't see why 1 spouse would have a password they kept a secret from the other spouse. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)