Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

US Sweeps Snowboard Slopestyle!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:27 PM
  • 30 Replies

In the first-ever Olympic slopestyle snowboarding competition, the gold medals went to two Americans: Sage Kotsenburg for the men and Jamie Anderson for the women.

Sage Kotsenburg, photo from nbcolympics.com

Jamie Anderson, photo from nbcolympics.com

Did you watch any of the slopestyle snowboarding this weekend? What did you think of this new (to the Olympics) event?

by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaMandee
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:49 PM
I watched pretty much all of it. I think it is a very cool event & quickly landed on my favorite list!!
mom2ryneandsam
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:56 PM

I love this event 

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Cool pix!
graycalico
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:36 AM
It was ok. The men's tricks were exciting. My dd thought the girls should be flipping too. Lol
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 8:09 AM
One of the ladies did a double back flip, which wasn't something I saw from the men either! I can't remember her name, but she was British and had a gymnastics background... You should see if you can find video for your DD! :-)

Quoting graycalico: It was ok. The men's tricks were exciting. My dd thought the girls should be flipping too. Lol
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 8:10 AM
Did you see the girl who cracked her helmet when she fell? Oh my goodness. I loved the event overall, but that was so scary.

Quoting MamaMandee: I watched pretty much all of it. I think it is a very cool event & quickly landed on my favorite list!!
graycalico
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 8:32 AM
It was crazy to watch the competitors who were already injured go for it

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: Did you see the girl who cracked her helmet when she fell. Oh my goodness. I loved the event overall, but that was so scary.

Quoting MamaMandee: I watched pretty much all of it. I think it is a very cool event & quickly landed on my favorite list!!
Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, and it didn't really surprise me that we did so well. Extreme sports are very popular, almost a way of life here! We don't to anything in moderation! Skiing...extreme, French fries...super sized ;). We do things big! Hahaha
chattycassie
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I got to watch Jamie Anderson take GOLD she was amazing. I wish I would have caught the mens competition.

momofsixangels
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I watched Jamie last night . It was amazing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)