Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

ACNE - husband says I shouldn't wash my face??

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:35 AM
  • 32 Replies

He says he never washes his face and it's true, he's never had acne. So what gives?? I wash my face twice a day with purpose cleanser. I exfoliate with a facial brush as well. I am thinking of trying just washing at night, splashing my face with cold water in the morning and lightly covering with mineral foundation for a while. Any other tips? Please don't suggest harsh cleansers - I am allergic to most including benzoyl peroxide. It makes it so much worse!!

by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thickmamaof2
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:39 AM
It's true. I never wash my face with soap. I just go over with a warm rag iin the shower and i hardly ever get acne r
xtwistedxlovex
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:44 AM
I'm about to go to bed, so I'm leaving this here as a bookmark to get back to you in the morning :) But try browsing through reddit.com/r/skincareaddiction - they have a lot of helpful information.
gwebkeijmmm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:46 AM

Try baking soda. I started using that about six months ago. My skin has never been this clear. I rarely have a pimple now. 

jenesis509
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:46 AM
IRS genes because I do this I still have acne lol

Quoting thickmamaof2: It's true. I never wash my face with soap. I just go over with a warm rag iin the shower and i hardly ever get acne r
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 2:04 AM

How often do you use a moisturizer?   Alot of acne can be caused by over drying your facial skin.   When i use moisturizer, i get less break outs.

illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 4:05 AM

It's caused by hormones, too. I had horrible acne until I went on birth control pills, and then I outgrew it - only to have absolutely horrendous acne all through my pregnancy and a few months after.

Mater-three
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 4:11 AM
Idk about that. My dd's dermatologist said she needs to wash her face with a very mild soap at least once a day but avoid harsh stuff. Washing your face too much can cause more acne but not at all can cause black and white heads. He put dd on accutane and her acne is almost completely gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnaNonamus
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 4:11 AM

Everyone has a different face. Some are more naturally oily. Others are naturally dry. Others get lots of acne, others get none. 

Personally, I am in the never get it pool, but my son has it bad. Here is what helped him. First, YES! Wash your face! Limit touching your face, as your hands are germy, and dirty. If you must touch your face, wash your hands first, or wrap a tissue over your finger. 

Next, wash it with a gentle moisturizing wash, like clean & clear foaming face wash. Do it twice daily. Afterwards, put moisturizer on. 

Washing your face robs you of the natural oils it needs, even if it is cleaning off the dirt. When you wash the oil off, your body creates more to make up the difference. Without moisturizing your skin, your body will over oil, creating further issues. 

Land, as you are a woman- limit makeup, and get it off as soon as you are done wearing it. If you normally wear a lot of makeup every day, start cutting back, and remove it when you get home, not at night- your skin needs time to breathe. 

steffiecox
by Steph on Feb. 10, 2014 at 4:12 AM
Dove soap clears acne. The bar soap. I use it to wash my face, I was also told to use it on my dd when she had baby ance and it clear hers up fast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TawnyMedina
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 5:25 AM

If you have sensitive skin, make sure you're keeping your pillow cases clean! And wash your make-up brushes ATLEAST once a week. I also notice that wheat and sugar both break me out - wheat bread gives me almost cystic acne, it's hideous. Baking soda mixed with orange juice (literally juice from an orange you sqqueezed) is great! And if you can handle it, add just a little cinnamon - it helps fight bacteria. And drink lots and lots of water. Either this is hormonal, or caused by something that your body is viewing as a toxin. Flush it out! Oh and DON'T listen to people who say that they don't wash their face and don't have acne. Those are not cause/effect, that's just plain old luxury!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)