Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just wondering

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:29 PM
  • 4 Replies

My son's school is telling me they think he has a learning disability . I went to a conference last night, they are talking about putting him in special ed classes. They are trying to say he has a Sensory processing disorder. They kinda of behavior they are describing to me does not sound like the same kid. Im so confused.  How are special educational classed different from regular classes? I know they get more of a one on one than regular sized classes room. Do they still receive the same work load?  Thank you for your help in advance

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
strictmomhere
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:45 PM
There nit doctors talk to his pedi
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:54 PM

I would get a medical evaluation from my own doctor before I would take their word about child's behavior.  Would he be in the SE classes all day or just pulled out for an hour each day?   My girl has sensory issues but no special ed classes.  She has an IEP set up to aid her where she needs help.

Zazayam
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:04 PM

I agree, I'd take him to his doctor to be evaluated. The school shouldn't be diagnosing anything.

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I would have his dr evaluate him. How can they say that w/o him even being checked

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)