Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pick Them Back Up Challenge Day 5: Set Goals!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:45 PM
  • 87 Replies

Kids benefit from having goals they aspire to achieve. Today's challenge is to help your kids set short and long term goals for themselves. Sit down with your kids and have them write down what they want to accomplish in the next year and what they want to be doing five years from now.

Help your kids brainstorm their goals! For older kids, help them focus on areas like a subject in school where they could raise their grade or what they could do to improve their skills for a certain sport or activity. For younger kids, focus on goals to help them be more independent like potty training or tying their own shoes.

girl giving flower

Have you noticed that your kids are more motivated when they have goals? What are some short and long term goals your kids could set for themselves?

One mom who participates in all 10 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $50 American Express gift card!

Join Our Pick Them Back Up Challenge- Sign Up Here!

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ablackdolphin
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:59 PM
My kids are still pretty little but we do have a calendar with tasks we are doing
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:59 PM

My kids usually have goals of getting good grades and so far they are all honor roll students

momof2boy2girl
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:59 PM

My two oldest (ds1 and dd1) are working to improve in different areas in school. DD2 is doing great, and learning well in school and strives to be the best, she is a perfectionist. DS2 is hopefully going to be potty trained at some point. DD3 just worries about when she is gonna get more boob and when her diaper will be changed. 

huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:59 PM
I noticed that if I tell ds specific things to do during cleanup he does it a lot easier.
MZ.B777
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Mt DD has had goals since she was able to understand then meaning of this.

mommieof1b4g
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Good grades
Completing their homework on time. Small things like that
MizzSuzy
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:05 PM
My dds is too small to tell me her goals but our goal is to get potty trained.
heldcaptiveby2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Good grades & cleaning up after themselves.
naj2013
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:08 PM
My youngest dd is 9 months and the only thing she looks forward to right now is breast milk lol...I do realize that my older dd is more motivated when she has a set goal, she's still pretty young, so she looks forward to going to school in the morning (she just started so she's still in the excited stage) and mommy reading a story book at night. She also looks forward to whatever her teachers plan for the next day. :)
nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Getting good behavior reports from school, if a week then they get a treat on the weekend.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)