Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Momma (from home)

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:00 PM
  • 16 Replies

Why is it so hard? I finally found a job where I can work from home and I try to get the word out to people and my posts get deleted because I'm "ADVERTISING" how else am I supposed to get people to know about it and start making money so I can support my son? I'm a single mom! Give me a break!

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RitaTequila531
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:06 PM
There are rules and regulations to everything. Cm has the right to delete anything that violates their terms of service.

Can you start your own website? Get the word out on fbook, among friends? Put flyers up in your neighborhood?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RitaTequila531
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
"Guestbooks - Sign other sites guestbooks and put your website in the homepage field.

Visit work at home sites but also visit other sites like personal homepages.

AutoSurf - Sign up for autosurf programs. You can use the money and points you earn to advertise your own site. Some good autosurf programs are EZ Daily, Grandhits, and Primasurf. They are all free to sign up and they give you money and points to get you started.

Search Engines - Submit your work at home site to each search engine that will accept your link. Most search engines are free to submit. Search engines such as google, yahoo, excite, kanoodle, lycos, and many more will allow you to submit yoursite.

Link Exchange - Join free link exchange programs. The more links you have linking to your work at home site, the higher your search engine rankings.
A few free link exchange sites areDopey Fish, Linkalizer, and Linkateer.

Banner Exchange - Exchange banners and text links with other work at home sites. There are a lot of work at home sites that will exchange links with you. The best way to find banner and text link exchanges is to do a search on google. By searching on google for "Free banner and text link exchange" you will find sites that are willing to do it. But take my advice on this one, they tell you to add there site to yours and then they will ad your site to their site. Beware, there are some sites that never follow through. So my advice is keep checking to see if they add you. If they haven't added you in a weeks time, I would delete theirs off my site.

Toplist - Find some toplist to add your work at home site to. Toplist are a great way to advertise your work at home site. Some nice toplist are Mommies Hot Spots, The WAH Mom Help, Top Mom Sites, Site For Parents, eMommies.net, and World Of Women's Sites.

Classifieds - Post your work at home site on free classifieds sites. Offer free advertising on your site for a limited amount of time. The FREE Classifieds Directory is the best place to go for classifieds.

The have hundreds of links on their site forfree classifieds.These are just a few ways of advertising to get you started. There are many more ways to advertise your work at home website. Being able to work from home is very rewarding and at the same time, very stressful. Advertising can be very time consuming and frustrating, but it will pay off in the long run. At times you will feel like giving up, but stick with it, you will see results. I work from home and felt like throwing my hands up a many of times. Now looking back I'm glad I stuck with it. Just remember to advertise, advertise, advertise...."

-Yahoo.voices
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

There are many, many moms on here who work from home and if everybody was allowed to post about it the forums would be fuilled with advertisements for different companies and such.  While it is wonderful that you have found a job to do from home advertising for your business is best done among your family and friends or your local community to start with and then you can branch out from there.  Good luck with your new business!

CarlyEliz
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:26 PM
The problem is i don't know very many people. I don't really have any family. And I have only lived in the state i live in now. I have emailed 70+ churches and asked if they would be willing to put up a flyer for me and only one church replied :( I thought this site would be ok for tell people about the business since it is family related :/
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:27 PM

If you are going to advertise on CM maybe they have a group for Moms who are in business and allow advertising.

RitaTequila531
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Hey yeah!!

OP look it up on here but make sure to abide by group rules!

Quoting virginiamama71:

If you are going to advertise on CM maybe they have a group for Moms who are in business and allow advertising.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Try meetup.com to find some business people to network with.

Quoting CarlyEliz: The problem is i don't know very many people. I don't really have any family. And I have only lived in the state i live in now. I have emailed 70+ churches and asked if they would be willing to put up a flyer for me and only one church replied :( I thought this site would be ok for tell people about the business since it is family related :/

CarlyEliz
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:45 PM
The company already has a website and Facebook page and I asked my boss if i could make a Facebook group and he said no

Quoting RitaTequila531: There are rules and regulations to everything. Cm has the right to delete anything that violates their terms of service.

Can you start your own website? Get the word out on fbook, among friends? Put flyers up in your neighborhood?

RitaTequila531
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:47 PM
I'm sorry :0(

Quoting CarlyEliz: The company already has a website and Facebook page and I asked my boss if i could make a Facebook group and he said no

Quoting RitaTequila531: There are rules and regulations to everything. Cm has the right to delete anything that violates their terms of service.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CarlyEliz
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:48 PM
I did that and its just full of ads and the business that I'm in just doesn't really fit in there ( though that didnt stop me from joining those groups and posting anyways )

Quoting virginiamama71:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)