Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby showers for 2nd children?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:29 PM
  • 84 Replies
What's the general feeling on this. I still have some stuff from first birth but, I have a girl and if new ones a boy some stuff won't work.
Also gonna need a new crib...so, not sure what were gonna do. Its still early yet. But, I'm a planner i like to be ahead of the game lol
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaMandee
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:34 PM
2 moms liked this
I say every baby should be celebrated. If you are feeling off about it, you could always tweek it a little to make it a little less of a shower. If that makes sense lol...its been a long day. Congrats on #2!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd is pregnant with her second and I have been debating about it too

cupcake_mom
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I think if someone offers have one and if someone doesn't offer throw yourself one. Every baby should be celebrated!
williams81209
by Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 8:00 PM
I already know that my MIL will be mad if we have another baby
shower but, I threw my first one so I might as well throw another oner
BCauseImAwesome
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I would absolutely love another baby shower but I find it super rude to plan it for myself. I very much doubt anyone will throw one for me :-( Its up to how you feel I guess.

atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM
3 moms liked this
I would not and did not have 2 showers. Showers are for a first baby. Any other baby can be celebrated after. Throwing your own is rude. I would never go to one planned by the person who was pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandMsWorld
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:01 PM

I agree - having your own shower..... no.

I had one shower with my sons - they were 6 months old and it was given by the ladies in my hometown Church - I had enough clothes and small toys that I only had to supplement them for a year......  We bought all the big stuff ourselves.   Friends in the town we lived (and live again) gave us gifts - but we didn't have a "core" group - so no shower.

With my DD - I got some fabulous girly stuff to supplement the boy stuff I had.    No shower - just friends who were happy for us.......

We kept our cribs, changing tables, excersaucers, etc., so with baby 3 (after twins) there was really nothing other than gender specific clothing that we didn't already have!

Congratulations on #2!   I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy - and deliver a happy and healthy baby!

iHEAVENn
by Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:04 PM

I was on the fence... until MIL said there was no way on earth this baby would not have a shower lol. 

Hubby and I will help her out with the cost of food and such as she is on a tight budget.. but the shower will be held either at her house, or in the park in her back yard :) 

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Baby #2 is on the way:-

baby development

lilmoosesmom
by Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Im having a baby shower for my second baby. But then again 

1. I didn't have a baby shower with my son.
  2. He was born almost nine years ago, so I have nothing left, besides a few blankets and outfits packed away
  3. The new baby is a girl
  4. I am not the one planning my own shower. I have tried to get out of it, and my friends wont let me. lol
  5. and I have no clue how these numbers appeared. wtf?
  6. they wont stop

ha got them to go away. YAY me

awesomemommy2
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I think its more "offensive" to throw your own shower than it is to have a second one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured