Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you lied and you are sleeping. UPDATED

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:06 PM
  • 141 Replies

so my husband knows we need a car, we needed one like two weeks ago.....went out today looking for a van, found one that we really liked, with payments of only 150 every two weeks...i left with my mom and the three girls to go pick up the down payment from my grandmother (it's out money, i just gave my grandmother our down payment because i didn't want to spend it.) 

hubby calls and says his licenses is suspended.....ARE YOU EFFIN KIDDING ME, because you told me that you fucking paid it, back in oct!!!!!!!!!!! 

so now, we have no idea when we will be able to get a fucking car, and he doesn't care how upset i am, nope, he is upstairs fucking sleeping....just because he has to work for 6 hours tonight......

never mind the fact that we can't put it in my name because i don't have a license, i don't know how to driver.....and before anyone asks, i know how to drive, i just can't parallel park, and i have aniexty on the high way......

but you lied to me, don't even care about how upset i am, you are up sleeping?!?!?!?!?!?!? 

So apparently, the DMV, never took the 20$ out for the restoration fee, when he paid it. He called them at 8 this morning, and talked to some one, and the woman he talked to said it shows that he paid the fine. She isnt' sure why it didn't take the restoration fee. And yes, I am planning on getting my license...it's just a matter of time of when I can learn to parallel park.

by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AJsMom81507
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:13 PM
2 moms liked this

$300 a month is a lot.. what kind of car are you looking at. doesnt sound new if they let you pay every two weeks.

ABCMomma0211
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

it's a 2001 dogde caravan.....that doesn't matter, as we can afford it.....

that's not my point, my point is, he lied and is upstairs asleep not caring how i am feeling about all of this....

Quoting AJsMom81507:

$300 a month is a lot.. what kind of car are you looking at. doesnt sound new if they let you pay every two weeks.

AJsMom81507
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:18 PM
9 moms liked this

so you are going to throw away $300 on a USED POS 2001 van when you can get a NEW one or NEWER one for cheaper.

DAMN.... i have a bridge to sell you, since you can afford it

Quoting ABCMomma0211:

that's not my point, my point is, he lied and is upstairs asleep not caring how i am feeling about all of this....

Quoting AJsMom81507:

-PB
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:22 PM

I was thinking the same thing.  You can probably get a brand new car for that price.  Is it a short term buy or something? 

Sucks that he lied though. 

btw...I suck at parallel parking too.  If I gotta go into the city for something I always look for a parking garage b/c I know I'll curb check 20 times and probably run over a parking meter trying to parallel.  lol

Quoting AJsMom81507:

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sure he cares how you feel but is just stressed and doesn't want to deal with it at the present moment.

AJsMom81507
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:25 PM

i suck at parallel parking as well, but now with back up cams i am a friggin pro.. dont know how i passed back in the 90s, but i can get into the tightest spaces.  lol

Quoting -PB:

I was thinking the same thing.  You can probably get a brand new car for that price.  Is it a short term buy or something? 

Sucks that he lied though. 

btw...I suck at parallel parking too.  If I gotta go into the city for something I always look for a parking garage b/c I know I'll curb check 20 times and probably run over a parking meter trying to parallel.  lol

Quoting AJsMom81507:

LoveMyBoyK
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it sucks that he lied and cares nithing about doing so. But like the others, I am a little stunned you would spend $300/mos on a 2001 vehicle, unless it's only for a few months and then you own it outright.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VinVanMom
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
He is prob depressed and using sleep as an avoidance maneuver. How much does he owe for his license? Do you guys have a bus system ? How will he get to work?
anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:32 PM
5 moms liked this
I know that this is not the point of the rant, but do you think this might give you the courage you need to GET YOUR LICENSE? I am floored that you would be so 150% dependent on your husband to take you places.

I also agree that $300 a month is a lot. And anyplace that does bi-monthly payments is usually a buy-here-pay-here type place.
-PB
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:33 PM

If you check the kelley blue book value on that car in excellent condition (depending on the mileage) its only worth like $4,000 or 5,000 give or take a grand.  $300 is way overpriced unless you were only financing it for a year.

Quoting ABCMomma0211:

Quoting AJsMom81507:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured