Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How much time a day allowed on electronics??

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:58 PM
  • 11 Replies
Basically that sums it up. How much time a day do you allow your child the following (or combination of)....tv, computer, ipad, ipod, video games, etc??? I would say 1/2 to 1 hr tv and a small bit of time to an other device.

You're Always A Winner When You Do Your Very Best~way to go

by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mishy2
by Michelle on Feb. 21, 2014 at 8:15 PM

It depends on the day and if it is raining/snowstorm, etc. But in general about an hour of tv time and an hour or so of electronics.

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun & friendly place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat.   

mandee1503
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:12 PM
I don't really limit it. I've found when I'm not picky with dd she doesn't play with it as much. And some days not at all.
LoveMyBoyK
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:14 PM
I do not have a limit but he is usually far too busy playing trains or cars or in school and daycare so he maybe gets an hour or so. More on the weekend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:16 PM

1-2 hrs typically.  We have apps on it for school as well as "for fun" apps which still teach her things she can use in school.  She needs to do actual reading a book and one school app before she can play the for fun ones.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:19 PM
I don't have a strict limit but they don't watch TV or touch electronics at least 4 days a week.
momofsixangels
Trial starts the 25th next month. Hope he gets life or death row
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:05 PM

I dont limit their time.They uusually are outside after school until dinner then back out.,So basically only  at night

chattycassie
by Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 3:40 PM

2 hours total

iamcafemom83
by Mariah on Feb. 22, 2014 at 4:10 PM
I don't limit. But they are not on all day...we stay pretty busy.
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Well since we homeschool they are on their computers about 4-6 hours a day. They have free reign on their other electronics but they rarely play on them. My kids prefer to play outside.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:37 PM

My daughter likes to play with modeling clay and color more than anything. But she will play on the computer (Sprout or PBS) for about 15-20 minutes a day. 
On weekends we do watch cartoons before church and a movie before bed as a family.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)