Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

help with switching from breastmilk to formula

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:28 PM
  • 6 Replies
Does anyone have a good choice of formula to use after switching from breast milk? :/ i recently stopped and was using gerber soothe and it seems to be upsetting his belly and giving him bad gas :( im calling his doctor tomorrow morning.. But juay wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue!! Thanks in advance :)
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
txcountrymomof3
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Try simalac senstive or enfimil a.r
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Most formulas will upset their tummy. Babies are meant to have formula. There is a formula group on here you could try. I have no experience in formula because I've nursed 2 kids and will be nursing the baby I'm pregnant with now.
LoveMyBoyK
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
No,"most formulas" will not. My son never once had a problem with formula. Please do not make women unnecessarily fearful of using formula just because you prefer breast.

Quoting Mom2Just1: Most formulas will upset their tummy. Babies are meant to have formula. There is a formula group on here you could try. I have no experience in formula because I've nursed 2 kids and will be nursing the baby I'm pregnant with now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:31 PM
I said most. Every formula fed baby I know has issues with formula. Facts speak for themselves. No reason to take personal on the fact you gave your child formula.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: No,"most formulas" will not. My son never once had a problem with formula. Please do not make women unnecessarily fearful of using formula just because you prefer breast.

Quoting Mom2Just1: Most formulas will upset their tummy. Babies are meant to have formula. There is a formula group on here you could try. I have no experience in formula because I've nursed 2 kids and will be nursing the baby I'm pregnant with now.
LoveMyBoyK
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
And I know plenty of FF babies who have had zero issues. Again, you are frightening women unnecessarily based on your personal biases.

Quoting Mom2Just1: I said most. Every formula fed baby I know has issues with formula. Facts speak for themselves. No reason to take personal on the fact you gave your child formula.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: No,"most formulas" will not. My son never once had a problem with formula. Please do not make women unnecessarily fearful of using formula just because you prefer breast.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Babies aren't meant to eat formula so it is very hard to find a formula for a sensative tummy baby. I would give Similac sensitive a try. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN