Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Guidance?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:06 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi I'm new here and I really really need some advice.  I messed up pretty bad tonight.  My df and I have some trust issues ( he has lied ALOT in the past but says he's cleaned up) and for the most part I believe he is really working on changing.  However one big issue we have is Facebook.  In the beginning before our kiddos, he tried using it to get girls' numbers for sexting.  I foe got really angry with me tonight after I repeatedly questioned him about it.   I don't really think it is him, it could be his f'''''' mom who hates my guts.  Should I apologize for antagonizing him and make peace for the sake of peace?

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:23 AM

I would look into mediation so you can discuss the issues and put them to rest for good if you want to stay in relationship.   What are the reasons is mom does not like you?

richjess82
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Sometimes I think its just because I breathe but mostly its because I'm one of the few people who won't let her run over them.  She is VERY used to getting what she wants and I refuse to let her.  I'm not overly rude or go out of my way but ever simce we got together she has done (or tried to) a lot of harm by giving his number out to former gfs and such.  We have 3 kids and I really want this to work.  I want to believe him but I can't.  I've suggested therapy and even splitting the bill but he doesn't want other people in our business.  I'm no angel believe me but I want to make it better.  Thank you for the advice

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Once a person lies, it takes a lot to trust them again. They have to earn your trust. It sounds to me like he is hiding things. It sounds like he won't go to counseling because he's afraid the truth will come out. He won't be able to bs a counselor with his lies like he has you.

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 1:51 AM
I'm confused, how long ago was this?
Mishy2
by Michelle on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:00 AM

this. Best of luck!

Quoting SweetLuci:

Once a person lies, it takes a lot to trust them again. They have to earn your trust. It sounds to me like he is hiding things. It sounds like he won't go to counseling because he's afraid the truth will come out. He won't be able to bs a counselor with his lies like he has you.

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun & friendly place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat.   

momofsixangels
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Quoting SweetLuci:

Totally agree with this.

katiebug840204
by Katie on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:19 AM
Agreed. Mediation or counseling is a good idea.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would look into mediation so you can discuss the issues and put them to rest for good if you want to stay in relationship.   What are the reasons is mom does not like you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)