Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Father's do have a choice!

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:22 AM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this

I have read plenty of posts stating that men should get a choice to not be involved in their children's lives and not to have to financially support them, all because women have the right to choose an abortion.

I believe men DO have a choice, nobody can choose them to be involved in their children's lives they do not have to take their scheduled visits and what not. But not paying cs should not be a choice. The child has a right to be supported by both parents. 

I think if a man doesn't want to step it up and be a dad, then they need to be more cautious during sex and use protection or not have sex at all.

Opinions? 

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tcallisto
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:22 AM
I believe that if you choose to have sex, you know what can happen. But I also think that is a woman is pregnant, the said father should have a say in how she chooses to proceed, like abortion. If she wants an abortion and he wants the baby, I believe he should be given that option. I'm sure some will bash me for that, but if it takes 2 to create, 2 incomes to raise then it should take the same 2 to terminate.
The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:25 AM

I think the father should be able to sign his rights away when the baby is born, but he can't go back on it later. IMO saying he should be more cautious during sex is the same as telling a woman she shouldn't have spread her legs.

mandee1503
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:59 AM
I think the father should have more rights. If she wants an abortion but he doesn't. Also if he doesn't want the child then like a pp said he can sign away but cant come back 6/7 years later wanting a relationship.
soon2bmomof2grs
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 1:29 AM

I believe the father should have the right to sign over all rights and not have to pay child support. It's the woman's choice to carry the child or abort, so if the man wants her to abort and she chooses not to, he should have the right to not be a father in any form. If he changes his mind the mother should get to say if he can have any rights to the child, and he should have to start paying support (and back pay).

Elle.tea.22
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:07 AM
If women can keep a baby the man doesn't want, they should be able to sign away their rights and owe this woman nothing.
momofsixangels
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:15 AM

I think a father should have mnore rights also.He is a part of it and shouldnt just have to go along with it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)