Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

do you let your kids disrespect others

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:34 AM
  • 103 Replies
I ask this because Saturday was dd's birthday party. After everyone left bil's gf stayed to help me clean. She had her three boys clean all the toys in dd's room.
After they were done, her oldest ds age 12 was staring at me and told me I look disgusting and the cake I had at the party was nasty. I looked at his mother who was standing right there and I Asked if she heard him. She said yea he has a mouth on him. And did nothing about it.
A few moments later her other ds age 10 went to get a metal pole he found outside. I asked what he wanted with a metal pole. He said he was going to hit my dog. Again the mother was right there and did nothing about it. My dog didn't do anything to him. She's a sweet dog. As pissw d as I was I told her I will not take such disrespect in my house and told she had to leave with her boys.
Would you left your kids be disrespectful like this?
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tcallisto
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:39 AM
4 moms liked this
Absolutely not. And if they did, I would certainly not just stand there and do nothing!! Good for you for standing up for you and your household.
JC2223
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:43 AM

I wouldn't tolerate that either. You did right by asking them to leave.

offrdngal
by Terri on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Hell no! My son and stepsons know that their asses would be in deep shit. There is no excuse for behavior like that.

mandee1503
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:01 AM
4 moms liked this
No. If my dd even uttered anything like that I would slap her.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:47 AM

No.  I would have told him that was disrespectful if the mother didn't.  That Mom is creating a monster. 

Glad you made her leave.  She is creating juvenile delinquents. 

Liastele
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Ugh, those kids sound horrid. I would have asked them to leave.

My children have manners. Even if the whole party was horrid, they would have been all smiles and thanked you for the invite and told you that they had a wonderful time.

-PB
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:54 AM

I would have told them to leave too.  That's ridiculous.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Oh wow! I would never let my son carry on like that....I would be mortified and he would be in deep trouble! surprised

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Absolutely not!  I would not let my children talk to anyone that way.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Hell no!  They would be told to apologize and depending on their age either a spanking, time out, or write a letter.  A 12 year old  should know better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)